New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New year, same results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew year, same results

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Cross body View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New year, same results
    Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 4:57pm
Around this time every year the cream rises to the top. The teams that routinely seek out the toughest competition find a way to get the job done when it matters. When will these other so called good teams learn you can’t duck competition and expect to be successful. There seemed to be a lot of injury times called by Sun Valley wrestlers at key moments in their match against South. Some might imply that those injury times were strategic. That’s what happens when you finally hit some tough competition; the kids fold. Looks like there were some tense words exchanged between the coaches. I guess that PA Power state ranking was premature, and ultimately will be short lived. 
Back to Top
fanofwrestling View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics
Avatar

Joined: Feb 03 2012
Location: Aston
Status: Offline
Points: 882
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 5:28pm
Pennridge most certainly did rise to the top. I watched the Sv match but don't recall the injury times. The ref stopping for potentially dangerous isn't considered injury. If you're going by the PA power rankings the 8th place team in state beat the 25th team in the state by 6 points. I don't see the ranking being short lived. Both pennridge and spring ford were ranked lower in the rankings also but ended up 1 and 2. 
You cant teach heart.!!!!!
Back to Top
Cross body View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 6:04pm
The point I was making was pretty clear. Their schedule was soft, they came in with an impressive record against a bunch of nobodies. They were gifted the 2 seed and failed to qualify for State duals. If they actually went out and wrestled competition they would never have been ranked 25. And while I’m dropping facts, it should also be noted that South should not be ranked as high as they are. 
Back to Top
spandexter View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Dec 29 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 448
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Cross body Cross body wrote:

The point I was making was pretty clear. Their schedule was soft, they came in with an impressive record against a bunch of nobodies. They were gifted the 2 seed and failed to qualify for State duals. If they actually went out and wrestled competition they would never have been ranked 25. And while I’m dropping facts, it should also be noted that South should not be ranked as high as they are. 

Sun Valley's wins against "nobodies" included a win over Spring-Ford the DD finalist. They had a similar score against Pennridge as Spring-Ford, and that's after a weigh in mess up. Then they caught a bad break running into Rock South in the conseys, after the Hawks lost to Owen J. I get people can think Sun Valley stinks, but they're still a top 5 team in District 1 and they'll probably have as many wins in the state duals as most of the 4 qualifiers.
Back to Top
Cross body View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 6:37pm
A weak schedule is only part of the problem. The other part is their kids have not faced adversity. You have to face tough competition during the season if you want to be successful in the postseason. Our perennial powerhouses prove that year in and year out. Coaches need to challenge their kids not pad their records. 
Back to Top
spandexter View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Dec 29 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 448
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Cross body Cross body wrote:

A weak schedule is only part of the problem. The other part is their kids have not faced adversity. You have to face tough competition during the season if you want to be successful in the postseason. Our perennial powerhouses prove that year in and year out. Coaches need to challenge their kids not pad their records. 

Yeah Owen J and Sun Valley and Perk Valley and Boyertown need to boost their schedules because that's the only reason teams lose in this tournament! Shame them! Shame!!!!
Back to Top
Cross body View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 7:30pm
I must have hit a nerve with you. Sorry things didn’t work out for you guys this year. Maybe you guys should enter some weaker tournaments next year to make yourself feel better. I hear the Philadelphia area school have trouble finding matches. You guys should reach out to them. 
Back to Top
rayguy8 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 28 2008
Location: Aston
Status: Offline
Points: 364
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Cross body Cross body wrote:

I must have hit a nerve with you. Sorry things didn’t work out for you guys this year. Maybe you guys should enter some weaker tournaments next year to make yourself feel better. I hear the Philadelphia area school have trouble finding matches. You guys should reach out to them. 

1. Spandexter is not a Sun Valley guy
2. Sun Valley did beat the DD runner up this season
3. Just from the score, it looks like the South match could’ve went either way. And South is always tough.
4. Someone bashing another team on a forum without attaching their name to their comments is pretty lame.
5. Sun Valley is a very good team this year. South and Pennridge were just a little better today. Congrats and good luck to them.
I am FINALLY in the Hall of Fame!!!!   Stabler is now in, next is Cliff Branch!!!!!
Back to Top
Cross body View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 8:33pm
Sun Valley beat Spring Ford earlier in the year. I don’t think they beat the Spring Ford team that wrestled today. I don’t have to post my name, that’s kinda how this works. It’s not bashing a team if you’re stating facts. It’s a fact that their schedule was weak. It’s a fact that there was something shady going on with their weigh in sheet today. You’re right, they do have some talent, for once, and it was only good enough to get them into District duals…no further. 
Back to Top
rayguy8 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 28 2008
Location: Aston
Status: Offline
Points: 364
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 8:37pm
I must have hit a nerve with you. 😉
I am FINALLY in the Hall of Fame!!!!   Stabler is now in, next is Cliff Branch!!!!!
Back to Top
Cross body View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 8:51pm
Nope did not hit a nerve. It’s coaches who pad kids records, duck competition, lie and cheat for their own personal benefit that hit a nerve with me. These people are doing the kids a disservice. These people are the reason the rest of the state don’t give us any respect, and why our kids underperform in the postseason. You can get your panties in a wad all you want, but at the end of the day the facts are the facts. If you look at the programs in district 1 that have postseason success, both as a team and individually, they have stand up coaches, who put the kids first and prepare the kids for postseason. THATS how our sport is supposed to work. 
Back to Top
Wresfan56 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Feb 04 2023
Location: West Chester
Status: Offline
Points: 1
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 9:15pm
Just a long time fan who wrestled for a very good Interboro team in the early 70s and a son for GV longer ago than I care to admit. I enjoy going to meets and tournaments and really enjoy the team tournament. After reading all the byplay here I wanted to make a few comments. There is something very special about the team aspect of the dual tournament. The wrestling was intense today and why we love the sport - it’s time to ratchet things up as the post season approaches. Kudos to Pennridge - they have always been a big time team and showed up today when it counted. I saw SV wrestle several times this year - all their guys show a lot of heart and are well coached. The Carr - Kakos match was a battle and a really big win for Brandon. I commend Kakos as he took a tough loss like a gentlemen which is what it is all about. I think we are sending 4 good teams forward and the other 4 should be very proud. Final thought is Gaj is on a Planet all by himself.
Back to Top
SUUUUP View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 23 2010
Location: Bishop McCort
Status: Offline
Points: 188
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Cross body Cross body wrote:

Nope did not hit a nerve. It’s coaches who pad kids records, duck competition, lie and cheat for their own personal benefit that hit a nerve with me. These people are doing the kids a disservice. These people are the reason the rest of the state don’t give us any respect, and why our kids underperform in the postseason. You can get your panties in a wad all you want, but at the end of the day the facts are the facts. If you look at the programs in district 1 that have postseason success, both as a team and individually, they have stand up coaches, who put the kids first and prepare the kids for postseason. THATS how our sport is supposed to work. 

Crossbody. 

I think you are wrong.  
Sun valley joined the ches mont couple years ago to improve competition. 
They were the first delco team to put gsp in there buses.  




Edited by SUUUUP - Feb 04 2023 at 9:59pm
Back to Top
Cross body View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 9:22pm
SUUUUP, apparently their GPS broke this year, or maybe they didnt renew their service contract. 
Back to Top
botero View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: Feb 11 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 66
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Cross body Cross body wrote:

Sun Valley beat Spring Ford earlier in the year. I don’t think they beat the Spring Ford team that wrestled today. I don’t have to post my name, that’s kinda how this works. It’s not bashing a team if you’re stating facts. It’s a fact that their schedule was weak. It’s a fact that there was something shady going on with their weigh in sheet today. You’re right, they do have some talent, for once, and it was only good enough to get them into District duals…no further. 


What was shady with the weigh in sheet?
Back to Top
wrestler124 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Jan 06 2023
Status: Offline
Points: 3
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by botero botero wrote:

Originally posted by Cross body Cross body wrote:

Sun Valley beat Spring Ford earlier in the year. I don’t think they beat the Spring Ford team that wrestled today. I don’t have to post my name, that’s kinda how this works. It’s not bashing a team if you’re stating facts. It’s a fact that their schedule was weak. It’s a fact that there was something shady going on with their weigh in sheet today. You’re right, they do have some talent, for once, and it was only good enough to get them into District duals…no further. 


What was shady with the weigh in sheet?

Not sure what happened but there was a pretty long argument at the table between the Pennridge and SV coaches over the weigh in sheet, even pulled the district 1 rep over to sort it out. SV had to pull the kid they sent out and send out a different kid, SV coach was not happy


Edited by wrestler124 - Feb 04 2023 at 10:09pm
Back to Top
botero View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: Feb 11 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 66
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by wrestler124 wrestler124 wrote:

Originally posted by botero botero wrote:

Originally posted by Cross body Cross body wrote:

Sun Valley beat Spring Ford earlier in the year. I don’t think they beat the Spring Ford team that wrestled today. I don’t have to post my name, that’s kinda how this works. It’s not bashing a team if you’re stating facts. It’s a fact that their schedule was weak. It’s a fact that there was something shady going on with their weigh in sheet today. You’re right, they do have some talent, for once, and it was only good enough to get them into District duals…no further. 


What was shady with the weigh in sheet?

Not sure what happened but there was a pretty long argument at the table between the Pennridge and SV coaches over the weigh in sheet, even pulled the district 1 rep over to sort it out. SV had to pull the kid they sent out and send out a different kid, SV coach was not happy

Gotcha, I guess I missed that.
Back to Top
Cross body View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 10:17pm
Sun Valley’s 133 pounder made weight, making him eligible for 133, and 139. The Sun Valley coach threw him out at 145. The Pennridge coach caught it, and called the coach out. Miraculously, the Sun Valley kids listed weight was changed to 135.1 on the weigh in sheet. 

Originally posted by botero botero wrote:

Originally posted by Cross body Cross body wrote:

Sun Valley beat Spring Ford earlier in the year. I don’t think they beat the Spring Ford team that wrestled today. I don’t have to post my name, that’s kinda how this works. It’s not bashing a team if you’re stating facts. It’s a fact that their schedule was weak. It’s a fact that there was something shady going on with their weigh in sheet today. You’re right, they do have some talent, for once, and it was only good enough to get them into District duals…no further. 


What was shady with the weigh in sheet?
Back to Top
fanofwrestling View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics
Avatar

Joined: Feb 03 2012
Location: Aston
Status: Offline
Points: 882
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 10:26pm
Lol. Obviously you don't know. 
You cant teach heart.!!!!!
Back to Top
Cross body View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Feb 27 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2023 at 10:35pm
Did the Sun Valley kid wrestle 133, or 139 against Pennridge? The answer is no, he did not. That’s because the coach tried to put him out at 145. The next match he wrestled against Council rock south at 133. I was right there when it all went down. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out. If the sun valley coach was correct, then his kid would not have been able to wrestle 133 against rock South.

Originally posted by fanofwrestling fanofwrestling wrote:

Lol. Obviously you don't know. 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down