FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CRS/PR Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRS/PR Predictions
    Posted: Dec 06 2023 at 9:18am
Anyone want to throw out some predictions for tonight?  #4 and #5 in the State tonight, in Perkasie!  We should be celebrating the heck out of these two teams.  Along with Faith, D1 has a legit shot at some hardware come time for State Duals.
Coffeeman2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffeeman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2023 at 11:37am
I predict it will be one hell of a match. I'm glad this one is going to be on youtube. 
B1Gfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B1Gfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2023 at 11:44am
I can throw my hat in the ring. Duals are my favorite part, hope to see some chess moves tonight with both teams having team dual aspirations this year.

Based on last weekend you would think CRS, but it is going to be close, especially if the coaches manipulate matchups. Last year came down to South winning the close matches / toss ups at 107, 133, and 152 (if they lost any of those they would have lost the dual). It should be similar this year with full rosters.

Of course neither team fielded a full lineup last weekend. For Pennridge, will Martinelli and Rowe wrestle? Washington at HWT is not even on the roster listed on this site which is very significant in this dual. South did not have a 107 last weekend, Brillhart dropped out after day 1 (hurt? sick? missed weight?), Murray did not wrestle. All kind of important.

Pennridge will control the matchup at either 133 or 172. They probably need to move Coffin or Hogan away from Mutarelli / Bek if they want to win, assuming full lineups. Maybe even weigh Hogan in at 172.1 and potentially bump him all the way to 215 (if they have Cullen and not Rowe or Washington could make sense). I do not think potentially bumping Coffin all the way to 145 makes any sense so I doubt he weighs in heavy.

I predict Pennridge will have Martinelli, not Rowe or Washington. South will have a 107 and the rest of the lineup from the weekend. Pennridge will bump one of their kids away from a hammer.

Final score is 31-28 South. I am prepared to be very wrong!

Fun fact - Martinelli / Lenahan are 2-2 in PIAA competitions against each other with a cumulative score in those 4 matches of 10-10.

Looking forward to the video, thanks again PA-Wrestling!

Edited by B1Gfan - Dec 06 2023 at 11:45am
coachp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coachp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2023 at 2:26pm
106 - Mcfadden - Dec. 3-0 PR 114 - Lenahan - Dec. 3-3 121 - Reitter - Dec. 6-3 CR 127 - McBride - Dec. 6-6 133 - Mutarelli - Maj. 10-6 CR 139 - Bhatt - Dec. 13-6 CR 145 - Brillhart - Maj. 17 - 6 CR 152 - Kuhns - Maj. 17-10 CR 160 - Cole - Maj. 21-10 CR 172 - Bek - TF 26-10 CR 189 - Rowe - Dec. 26-13 CR 215 - Cullen - Dec. 26-16 CR HWT - Gessner - Dec 29-16 CR I don't see how CR loses. PR doesn't seem to be clicking on all cylinders right now. Yes, it's early. But CR does seem to be already in mid-season form.

Obviously some bumping around may help PR minimize the damage. These predictions are studs on studs, no bumping and barely any bonus points which, as we all know, really decides how a lot of these duals go.

Edit to say - may be the even better part of this dual is the fact that each team has about 8,000 kids on their roster. They could start the JV matches at 3pm and still not finish in time! And that's a great thing for this sport

Edited by coachp - Dec 06 2023 at 2:28pm
Hershey2024 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hershey2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2023 at 8:21pm
Can anyone give a live update?
coachp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coachp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2023 at 7:31am
Weird dual for sure. Both teams have some serious holes. But also, both teams not a full strength and Pennridge missing a bunch of kids. I couldn't hear the announcer at all and I'm still waiting on the box score to see who exactly wrestled who as I only know a few of their faces. 

I think when these teams meet in February things will be very very different
B1Gfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B1Gfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2023 at 10:06am
That was definitely a bit strange, both teams were shuffled a bit and it wound up that CRS won more matches than I expected but got pinned in every loss. I would guess PR might have been happier coming out of that than than CRS will be.There will be emphasis on staying off your back in duals, a couple of those pins seemed completely unnecessary if kids understood their roles.

That said, I am not sure how different it can be. If Martinelli wrestled at 114 and McBride went 127, that only potentially changes the outcome at 114, and if Wolyshyn wrestles at 127 and Brillhart is in the lineup at either 145 or 152 it is probably at best a wash.

Rowe and / or Washington at an upper weight could potentially make a change though if PR could sweep 189-HWT with bonus.

Edited by B1Gfan - Dec 07 2023 at 10:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic