FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

USMC US Open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USMC US Open
    Posted: Apr 29 2022 at 9:08pm
Downingtown's Doug Zapf knocked off NCAA Champ Anthony Ashnault of Rutgers in the US Open. He's made the semi-finals. Looked like Ashnault gassed out a bit, but Zapf just kept coming.

oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2022 at 9:17am
With 4 Penn State wrestlers in the finals, I'm not sure if this is the US Open or just another NCAA championship. Nico Megaludis, Jason Nolf, Vincenzo Joseph, and Mark Hall just continue to do what they've been doing for years: win.

NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2022 at 9:45am
Zapf loses 3-2 to Panteleo, still a great run
John T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2022 at 8:14pm
Came here to post about this. Great run!
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2022 at 9:45pm
I was just considering a weird factoid that occurred to me.
Isaiah Martinez had a great career at Illinois. He started his career with two straight national championships. He was a 4x NCAA finalist. Can't do much better than that. 

But I've actually watched only 4 of his matches. And he's lost every one of them. I watched when he was undefeated for his career and Jason Nolf planted him with a weird Nolf-like move. Then Cenzo Joseph beat him in back-to-back NCAA finals, including that infamous inside trip to a pin. Then yesterday I was watching when he took on David McFadden formerly of Virginia Tech, I think.  

Imar had the match well in hand, when McFadden threw a cradle and decked him again. Geez, I've watched 4 Imar matches, and he was decked 3 times. 

I figure I'm a curse for Imar. I had the same problem watching the Flyers when I lived in Philly. Every time I turned on a Flyers game, the other team scored within a minute (one time it was 10 seconds), till I figured the Flyers would be a lot better off if I didn't watch them.  Just to help him out, I'm giving up watching Imar.
CoachReils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachReils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2022 at 10:47pm
Zapf came back to take 3rd tonight beating Ashnault & Sasso this weekend (along with giving Pantelleo a tight match). PRTC is rolling with David McFadden 79kg & Mark Hall 86kg winning the titles.  McFadden took out IMAR, Marsteller & Cenzo in consecutive matches. His Finals bout with Cenzo was fire.  Meanwhile Hall tech/pins his way through the tourney... With McKenna joining these guys at the WTT's and JB already in Final-X, good things happening in University City. Great job Coach Slay & all the PRTC team.
Kevin Reilly / Central Bucks South / AW Alum.
“Eadem mutata resurgo” ~ Jacques Bernoulli
FrogNinjaWC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrogNinjaWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2022 at 10:35am
Great opportunity to attend a camp with David McFadden and Mark Hall this summer @Oxford.
Both are 2022 US Open Champions !

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic