FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Top 5 teams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
dicemen99 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dicemen99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2021 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Dodfan Dodfan wrote:

Originally posted by dicemen99 dicemen99 wrote:

Originally posted by sweepsingle135 sweepsingle135 wrote:

Dod-  

Good catch, I did overlook OJR. 4/5 range and bump everyone back. 

I am not up to date on upcoming wrestlers these days but I’ll take the word of the forum about some hammers coming up.   

Does that other site still do a in depth freshman preview by chance? 

I'm not aware of any OJR incoming freshman (not to say there aren't any). The best incoming freshman in D1 is Collin Gaj from Quakertown. In my opinion, he's a top 10 freshman in the state. He'll probably be in the 132/138 range.

I agree with the above post that CRS/Quakertown are the two best teams by a good distance.

Qtown is adding Gaj and I think a transfer from OOS that should make an impact. Gaj will make a serious impact, not sure (just that I don't know anything about him) about the other kid.

CRS is adding two incoming frosh that will make an impact - neither medaled last year but I just saw one smoke a kid who took 4th at PJW/Keystone's a month ago and go toe-to-toe with some very good upperclassmen, the other I have seen beat and go OT with a few SQs already this fall.  Both of them have also take some head-scratching losses at times this offseason, but a season in the CRS room should smooth that out. 

OJR is adding another Bechtold, I think, and, 3 other kids Carr, Mazzerle and Keck who have had success as youths.  One of them is at an upper weight, so it may be difficult for all of them to be immediate impact guys.  But the soph Bechtold didn't get on the mat much last year and he is very good, so in my book that is like adding another guy.

WCH adding Hunter Delaney, another Wildemuth and some others who will make a push.

Boyertown will add Stankina and another Babb, I think, as incoming frosh. 

Time passes, but the names seem to stay the same.

Where is Luke Sugalski going?

Sugalski is at FCA. Along with Max Stein andGage Botero - who certainly may have something to say about Gaj being the best frosh in D1.

FCA will be one of the top teams in D1 this year - in fact I would have them 3rd at worst. Depends on the format. And in the coming years they will be one of the top teams in the state.
Dodfan View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2021 at 7:57pm
I thought Stein was in 8th grade.
Proud Singer of the "whining siren song"
dicemen99 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dicemen99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2021 at 9:07pm

I thought 9th, but you could be right. 
Dodfan View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2021 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by dicemen99 dicemen99 wrote:

I thought 9th, but you could be right. 

I'm not sure either. If he is in 9th, he's a top 15 incoming freshman in the state, IMO.

Proud Singer of the "whining siren song"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic