FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some state observations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
bigwrestlingfan242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwrestlingfan242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2022 at 10:52pm
Wasn't that long ago when they did that, called Challenge of Champions.  Problem is PIAA or should I say WPIAL could not get all champions to participate; so they'd have to supplement.

JV states - First I'm hearing of that.  That's kinda funny!  What are you like 17?

NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2022 at 9:24am
Well of course you don't because you have a Delco bias, see poster's name! Big smile

[QUOTE=DelcoProper]
Thanks NCAA

But he wasn’t covering the hip anymore either.  He was hanging over the top for dear life. 15 more seconds and he’s at risk of getting taken down to his back. 

Hands were not on the mat while the hip was covered. 

Yea, it was close.... but I did not have it. 

2takedowngreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2takedowngreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2022 at 12:44am
Freshman AAA 4th place Collin Gaj beat junior AA 3rd place 10-4 in the AAA-AA challenge. That's where the JV states thing comes into play. Finalists are all great but the depth of AAA is what drives the Varsity/JV thing. The top AA champs pin and tech their way to a championship while the AAA champs can have four straight close decisions. Nobody would ever call Kolat, Nolf, Retherford, etc JV champs.
PAwrestlingfan123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAwrestlingfan123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2022 at 12:37am
Originally posted by 2takedowngreen 2takedowngreen wrote:

Freshman AAA 4th place Collin Gaj beat junior AA 3rd place 10-4 in the AAA-AA challenge. That's where the JV states thing comes into play. Finalists are all great but the depth of AAA is what drives the Varsity/JV thing. The top AA champs pin and tech their way to a championship while the AAA champs can have four straight close decisions. Nobody would ever call Kolat, Nolf, Retherford, etc JV champs.

Just examples from the Redemption Duals over the weekend:

AAA 172 4th place beat AA 172 4th place in Overtime. Pretty even matched wrestlers.

AA 113 3rd place Freshman beat AAA 113 5th place Senior by score of 1-0

AAA 160 2nd place beat AA 160 4th place by score of 8-7. very even match, where by the "AA is JV" mentality, the AAA 2nd place should beat AA 4th place handily.

I do not think any of these examples make it appear that AA should be called JV or that there is a big drop off after 1st or 2nd place, as was stated earlier

bigwrestlingfan242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigwrestlingfan242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2022 at 5:27pm
I'm not disagreeing with the depth of AAA; it's the toughest state tournament in the country and I love it!

What I'm saying is for a Man to publicly say something as ignorant as AA is JV to AAA.  That's either sour grapes, or just not paying attention because you don't care which is fine, but don't make ignorant public comments like that.  Or you are just a kid commenting.  Which wouldn't be the first time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic