FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Season preview

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2021 at 4:40pm
No Lledo love., except for ib. Thanks Ib! Defending regional champ. Even as he won MVP for his football team, has still been practicing wrestling! Traveling to work with some guy named Marstellar. He might have a state medal shot...
Blast Double View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blast Double Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2021 at 6:17pm
He’ll be a hammer Rocky, he will.  James is doing great at Pitt btw
wrestlingfan83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestlingfan83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2021 at 9:38pm
Top 5 AAA Teams in D1:

1) CRS - return all starters except Kinne. 

2) QTown - return all but 2 starters. Add Gaj to a loaded lineup.

Big difference between top 2 and 3-7. I think any team from 3-7 can make it to Hershey for team states this year.

3) Garnet - return all but 3 starters. Always have a solid lineup. Need a couple more kids to step up to edge into top 2.

4) WCH - Lose McMonagle, English and Bauman. Bring back some more studs (Cortese, Delaney, Patton, Wilson). Worried about upperweights in a team match setting.

5-7 )  Owen J Roberts / Boyertown / Strath Haven. All are equal IMO because Owen J and BT lose every upperweight and have great lowerweights. Comes down to who faces who. 

Top Incoming Freshman

- Gaj (QT)
- Botero (FCA)
- Stein (FCA)

Best Chance for State Medals

- D. Findora
- C. Barlow
- D. D'Agostino
- M. Zeigler
- M. Colajezzi
- J. Laventure
- C. DiGiorgio
- C. Smith
- N. Shippey

Low Single View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Low Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2021 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Dodfan Dodfan wrote:

Originally posted by Low Single Low Single wrote:

I tried to copy the rankings AAA rankings but it didn't work out.  
3 Teams from D1 Ranked in the top 25 on PA Power

18 CRS
19 Quakertown
23 WCH  

1 Waynesburg
2 BECA
3 Nazareth
4 Central Mountain
5 Canon-McMillan

Absolutely outrageous! I'm wondering if whoever ranked this looked at certs before putting this out.

Waynesburg, BECA and Nazereth will be #1-3. That's a given. I would give BECA an edge over Waynesburg and Waynesburg an edge over Nazareth.

Central Mountain is probably a top 10 team. Their freshman, Perry, probably wins states this year. I don't think Central Mountain beats CRS or Quakertown in a dual meet.

Canon Mac might be the fourth best team in D7. Their not going to beat Connellsville or Greater Latrobe, IMO. I think Connellsville is probably the fourth best team in AAA statewide.

CRS is certainly a top 10 team in AAA. Quakertown probably top 10 also. Who exactly are the 17 teams in AAA better that CRS (outside those top five). I assume it would be Connellsville and Greater Latrobe. Williamsport (?), Northampton (?), Trinity (d7)(?) possibly. I hope no one from D3.

6 Williamsport Area
7 Greater Latrobe
8 Hempfield
9 Northampton
10 Seneca Valley
11 Cathedral Prep
12 North Allegheny
13 Connellsville Area
14 State College Area
15 Cumberland Valley
16 Kiski Area
17 Chambersburg
Dodfan View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2021 at 9:50am

Originally posted by Dodfan Dodfan wrote:

I tried to copy the rankings AAA rankings but it didn't work out.  
3 Teams from D1 Ranked in the top 25 on PA Power

18 CRS
19 Quakertown
23 WCH  

1 Waynesburg
2 BECA
3 Nazareth
4 Central Mountain
5 Canon-McMillan

Absolutely outrageous! I'm wondering if whoever ranked this looked at certs before putting this out.

Waynesburg, BECA and Nazereth will be #1-3. That's a given. I would give BECA an edge over Waynesburg and Waynesburg an edge over Nazareth.

Central Mountain is probably a top 10 team. Their freshman, Perry, probably wins states this year. I don't think Central Mountain beats CRS or Quakertown in a dual meet.

Canon Mac might be the fourth best team in D7. Their not going to beat Connellsville or Greater Latrobe, IMO. I think Connellsville is probably the fourth best team in AAA statewide.

CRS is certainly a top 10 team in AAA. Quakertown probably top 10 also. Who exactly are the 17 teams in AAA better that CRS (outside those top five). I assume it would be Connellsville and Greater Latrobe. Williamsport (?), Northampton (?), Trinity (d7)(?) possibly. I hope no one from D3.

6 Williamsport Area
7 Greater Latrobe
8 Hempfield
9 Northampton
10 Seneca Valley
11 Cathedral Prep
12 North Allegheny
13 Connellsville Area
14 State College Area
15 Cumberland Valley
16 Kiski Area
17 Chambersburg

I completely disagree with this list. The D1 teams are way too low. I'm not sure how some of these teams could possibly beat CRS or Quakertown in a dual meet.

Connellsville at #13 is a joke! They should be way higher.

Seneca Valley graduated over 700 wins.

I originally thought Williamsport was going to be a top 5 team but I saw their certs and now think they're in the 7-9 range.   

Proud Singer of the "whining siren song"
idontknow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idontknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2021 at 10:30am
[QUOTE=wrestlingfan83]
4) WCH - Lose McMonagle, English and Bauman. Bring back some more studs (Cortese, Delaney, Patton, Wilson). Worried about upperweights in a team match setting.

5-7 )  Owen J Roberts / Boyertown / Strath Haven. All are equal IMO because Owen J and BT lose every upperweight and have great lowerweights. Comes down to who faces who. 

I think you are right about CRS, QK, and GV. But the more I look at it I think OJR is my #4 and WCH #5.

OJR has 2 decent starters for both 285 and 215. Fisher (SR) was at PJP and moved back to OJR. I hear he is full 285. He was 13-8 as a sophomore and after a year off, suspect that he will probably win a good number of his matches. I suspect, McCoy (SR) is going to fill the 215 slot and should have a solid season ( Regionals most likely). This along with Quinn, Neil, Englehardt, Gautreau, Karkoska, and Bechtold make their lineup solid. Not sure who fills the gaps in between and that might be the issue for them. I think OJR matches well with WCH but that could go either way.

Boyertown also has a really solid lineup down low and through the middle. They should get a bunch of points from D. Sheridan, G. Sheridan, Heimbach, Babb and Sigler. If guys like Montayne and Gerhis (who made regionals last year) can fill spots well they could be competitive. The upper weights make it hard for the year to compete with the other top 4-5 schools.

Strath Haven has 2 hammers in Barlow and Brunner. Farabaugh will score a lot of points up top and Broome could have a solid season. I am not sure of the rest of their lineup but just a gut feeling that they have too many gaps here to fill in order to compete with the other teams mentioned here.

A few teams to watch are Central Bucks East, Perk Valley, and Kennett. These teams could be the surprises this year.

But what do I know
Low Single View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Low Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2021 at 10:57am
Big dual matches next week with CRS facing OJR and Quakertown back to back. CBE and Springford

Edited by Low Single - Dec 09 2021 at 11:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic