FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post-season poll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post-season poll
    Posted: Apr 01 2022 at 1:27pm
For those of you who normally aren't on Twitter, wanted to share this...

There has been some talk about some regional re-alignment for the individual post-season lately.  While nothing is official and nothing have been decided or even proposed at this point, it got us thinking.  Every year some people bring up the topic of going to a single individual post-season where AA and AAA are combined.  So we posted a poll on Twitter asking if you prefer to keep AA and AAA split or if you prefer to combine.

The poll will be up for 4 days.
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
JonnyBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2022 at 2:01pm
1. AA
2. AAA
3. NonBoundary
rocky View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2022 at 4:17pm
Keep both for team titles. 32 man combined bracket for individual 
bigwrestlingfan242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwrestlingfan242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2022 at 4:50pm
So 16 AAA and 16 AA?  Or keep separate regional tournaments and combine state 32 man bracket?  Seed based on prestige points?  Single elimination until top 16?  It could be done and not gonna please everyone.

I would keep as is and hate to see less opportunities for kids.
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by bigwrestlingfan242 bigwrestlingfan242 wrote:

So 16 AAA and 16 AA?  Or keep separate regional tournaments and combine state 32 man bracket?  Seed based on prestige points?  Single elimination until top 16?  It could be done and not gonna please everyone.

The way I am playing with the concept is not separating AA and AAA at all for the individual post-season.  Then have a 32-man bracket for the state tourney.  Still unsure if the numbers work well with that, but that's what I'm playing around with.
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2022 at 9:16am
So it looks like in AAA the northwest and southwest regions will be combined into the west region. 4 regions with 5 qualifiers each.  This makes sense to me because the NW region is now down to less than 25 schools.
lbdoinit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbdoinit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2022 at 12:21pm
Cold iron shackles, ball and chain. Listen to the whistle of the evenin' train.
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2022 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by MTLeister MTLeister wrote:

Originally posted by bigwrestlingfan242 bigwrestlingfan242 wrote:

The way I am playing with the concept is not separating AA and AAA at all for the individual post-season.  Then have a 32-man bracket for the state tourney.  Still unsure if the numbers work well with that, but that's what I'm playing around with.
That's the solution I'd support. The additional idea of splitting the team duals into multiple classifications, ala football works for me as well. That way there could be a team tourney just for the non-boundary schools, then multiple tourneys, perhaps, based upon size. On the one hand you'd have a true state champ and maybe less whining about the non-boundary schools.  They aren't segregated in any other tournament: The Beast, ETR, Ironman, etc. Let the final state individual tournament determine the single best wrestler in each weight.  If there are still complaints about the power teams winning that tournament, eliminate the team title. All boxes checked.

cbal24 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbal24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2022 at 5:52pm
I would like to see the 3 D4 schools moved back to the NE region where the used to be and have a D2 & D4 district tournament.

Edited by cbal24 - Apr 02 2022 at 5:54pm
Win or lose, do it with class!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic