FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NHSCA Nationals - Freshman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Blast Double View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blast Double Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2022 at 4:51pm
My Junior turned 17 in Dec.  I have three young guns coming up through the ranks.  I started them later and will turn 19 during the wrestling season.  Mentally and physically why not.  I’m 52 now big deal if I graduated in 1989 instead of 88.
Blast Double View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blast Double Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2022 at 4:58pm
I think some people send their kids to school as early as possible to save on child care. And then cry later that the other kids they wrestle are older
Peterson5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterson5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2022 at 7:11am
If you believe there is nothing wrong with holdbacks and you think it is fair then why limit it to one year (the 19 year old rule basically does that)? Why not allow 20 or 21 year olds wrestle in HS? 
Wouldn't that also fall under the category of "I'm just doing what's best for my kid"?

I have no problem with parents that choose to hold back their kids, because that is the rule that currently exists. But that doesn't mean I agree with the rule. 
Victor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2022 at 10:32am

I know from experience that this private vs public has been going on for years. I coached at both private and public schools. Kids moving for wrestling has been going on as long as I been involved in wrestling. Graduated from college in 1963. I got calls from parents wanting to transfer in the 70's  of course I discouraged them. It will never change as parents are doing what they think is best for their kid. Until the governing body decides to have some teeth it will continue. Here is a dangerous thought How about a transfer portal for high school. Wow would that drive people crazy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic