FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Montco Board of Health - Disappointing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Bears152 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bears152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2020 at 2:29pm
WG.  Seriously.  My logic is sound.  I'm worrying about yours.  Your question was answered.  I apologize for you if don't understand it.  I'll explain again....

The flu vaccine which is taken by a large part of the population prevent the exposure to the flu.   When a large part of the population are no longer susceptible to flu, the remaining unvaccinated people have a much lower risk. Not to mention the flu has other treatments to help aid those people who do acquire it.  

Corona does not have these readily available...yet.  So...the flu has several mitigation factors....Corona does not.  Thus why masks aren't traditionally needed for the flu.  Masks and social distancing acts as a deterrent for the virus to help reduce the spread since Corona currently has no other mitigation efforts.  

You can see these by the death a typical flu causes vs Corona so far this year.  Trying to lump these things together because they "both cause deaths" is not the same.  Again...two different viruses.

wrestlinggeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestlinggeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2020 at 2:46pm
Peterson - No need to "state an article"  The CDC directly said that 6% of deaths were directly attributable to covid.  The remaining deaths were due to corona and on average 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. But hey, go ahead and attempt to argue my point which is fact, released by the CDC.

Bear - So you're telling me the flu has vaccines, treatments and other mitigation efforts, yet it still kills thousands. Those are the very reasons why masks are not mandated during flu season?  How does that make any sense?  
If masks actually worked, they would be mandated during flu season. Which despite all of the life saving treatments available to the public during flu season, do nothing to save 10's of thousands of people every year.
My point is this.  Masks are useless and a form of control. 

Also take note from the CDC how deaths from the flu are virtually non-existent. 3 deaths nationwide for the week ending 11/14
Peterson5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterson5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2020 at 2:53pm
"Masks are useless and a point of control". Someone might want to lock this thread because we are about to head down to Qanon crazytown. 
Bears152 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bears152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2020 at 2:57pm
Geek....man.  God Help you.  Your points don't even begin to make sense.  I really don't even know where to begin...or end

Yes...the flu still kills thousands for a variety of reasons.  So does heart disease, car accidents, cancer. There is no red or blue pill to prevent people from dying. Some people don't take vaccines, some people the flu also exacerbates with a pre-existing condition.  Again, because there are reasonable mitigation efforts for the flue that makes masks not a necessity.  There are enough resources in place to help the other thousands that are sick with the flu.  There is no regular mitigation efforts for the Corona.  Masks act as a barrier.  The perform some level of protection which is better than 0 level of protection.  It is the best common mitigation effort we have.  

I'd be less concerned with government control and how we can save each other.  

Thanks for proving my point on the flu :)!  

Bears152 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bears152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2020 at 2:57pm
Too late Peterson....we went there.  
ancienthatteroldram View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ancienthatteroldram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2020 at 8:49am
It looks like the Forum Kung Flu Panic Fest has run its' course. OC is safe in his Gettysburg bunker or perched on Little Round Top shooting down the charging contrarians. MonekyBoy has bared his fangs and swung back to the Monkey House. Bearman pilgrimaged to a high altar imploring the Almighty to impart a rational soul and scientific knowledge unto AHOR and Geek. Peterson 5 continues his hunt for Q-Anon conspiracy theorists that insist on questioning conventional wisdom. Leister is back in his testing facilities deciding if Antigen or Molecular Covid tests results till finally permit us to isolate and quarantine 300 million subjects. KevinK wants to wait until spring to make adult decisions and Berwyn urges us to go full Linus Pauling, get plenty of rest and call him in the morning.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic