PA-Wrestling.com
District 12 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Way to early Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WrestleDad65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WrestleDad65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Way to early Predictions
    Posted: Aug 04 2019 at 11:39pm
I know the wrestling season isn’t for a couple of months, but let’s hear what you guys think about this upcoming season. Who’s going to have a break out year, who’s going to pick up where they left off, and who’s going to surprise a lot of people?
nofunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2019 at 3:09pm
Agreed it’s early, but still fun to discuss. It’s going to be a great season with some possible overlap on talent in weight classes. Without knowing who is in what class, I thought it would be fun to look at the possible 100 win wrestlers this year. For locks bearing injury and sickness I have: Logue already there, Kidwell-fj 99, Garcia-mb 95, Iuliano stp 83, Guinan -stp 81, Swift-ar 79 and Marchesano ar-77. As good chance: Tilghman-73, Fowler-73, O’Toole -71, Weinberg- 71. I hope I’m not missing anyone, if so, I apologize. What do you all think. It’s a great accomplishment considering Pa wrestling and the region they are in.
Just Wrestle
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2019 at 1:38pm
I got really bored over last weekend and I wrote up my early predictions for next season. What I did was take the top 3 returning wrestlers from district 12 and wrote their prediction for next season. I also included any other top wrestlers even if they didn't weren't in the top 3 on the rankings.

106:

Sean Logue: I would suspect he would go 106 again and claim his 2nd District title. Not much competition for him especially since I doubt Marchesano will be going 106 again next year.

Nick Marchesano: I know he had to cut to make 106 last year. Depending on how he is in the off-season, I suspect he will come back wrestling either 113 or 120. At 113, I think Iuliano and Santana will both move to 120 giving him an easy route to the finals. At 120, He will have a harder time especially if Iuliano and Santana move to 120.

Yasire Brooks: I do not really know much about his weight in the offseason but I think it is safe to assume he goes 113 for the upcoming season. If so I think he could take 2nd in a fairly easy weight.

113:

Dante Iuliano: Iulinao dominated 113 last year and should do the same at 120 again this year (as long as Logue and Weinberg move up a weight). I think that he will beat Weinberg regardless but Logue could keep him from a District title. I dont think he will have any problem with Santana either.

Emmanuel Santana: Santana is the top ranked PPL member of 113 and should be similarly reproduced next year at 120. As long as Logue and Weinberg leave the weight class, he should get 2nd, right behind Iuliano.

Joe Martini: Martini should once again get a 3rd place finish behind Iuliano and Santana at the 120 class assuming he moves up. If he doesn't move up and stays at 113, he could be seeing a 2nd place finish behind marchesano.

120:

Eamonn Logue: Logue will win districts at whatever weight class he wrestles. He was the PCLs closest to placing at states. I see him at 126 this year. I think that Logue places high at states this year.

Matthew Weinberg: Weinberg had a great season last year, avenging his losses to Guinan the year before and sealing his 2nd place finish behind Logue. I saw that he wrestled 138 this offseason and I would guess he will be trying to go 132 to get his first District title. With possibly only Zamir Rice to worry about. I think Weinberg can handle him though.

Sean Guinan: Guinan is a wild card. I think he goes 126 next year with Logue and gets 2nd place at Districts. He definitely has potential and looks to make a hopeful run at states his last year.

126:

Zamir Rice: I bet he goes 132 next year and gives Weinberg a fight for the District title. However I think that Weinberg beats him in the finals.

Aaron Scalen: I predict that Scalen will also go 132 next year. I think he will get 3rd behind Rice and Weinberg.

Justin Braddock: He should get 4th at Districts at 132.

132:

Jayshawn Copeland: Copeland has a lot of potential and has hindered last year by a very old weight class. I think he will go 138 next year and should finish 2nd to Otoole.

(Since Eck left, the only kid from 132 last year who placed at top 3 at districts)

138:

Liam Otoole: I think Otoole stays at 138 next year. He should be confronted with Eck. I think Otoole should win

Reynaldo Garcia: I think Garcia takes a winning crack at 145 next year. The only confrontation he should meet it Clacks. Garcia should handle him.

James Clacks: I think he bumbs up to 145 to challenge Garcia in the District finals and loses.

145:

Jonathon Rogge Jr: Rogge should win 152. With fountain gone, he is greeted with no competition except Khochiashvilli.

Johnathon Swift: I think his record is super bloated and will get 3rd at Districts due to an underperforming weight class.

Nolan Cataldi: He got all the way up to 170 this summer so I will put him accordingly, he may cut down to 160 though. If he stays at 170, he shouldn't place high at Districts. He would have to deal with Kidwell/Spicer, Pisarchuk, Noorchasm, and Perez. If he goes down to 160 though, he should encounter a similar problem with Khochiashvilli, Wildonger, Pennington, Vespe, and Ragsdale. Regardless, I don't think I see a place for him at regionals next year.

152:

Gregory Khochiashvilli: He wrestled 152 at nationals so I think he will stay at that wieght. I think he will be greeted with Rogge at this wieght and will lose a close bout.

Danny Wildonger: I think he goes 160 next year and gives a good performance. I think he edges Noorchasm in the District finals to win.

Nasseen Pennington: I think he goes 160 next year and comes out 3rd behind Noorchasm and Wildonger.

160:

Kidwell: I think Kidwell/Spicer will be fighting for the 170/182 spot in the postseason away from Garcia. I think that Kidwell ends up at 182 away from Garcia. He should win the weight class and his only competitor should be Quinn Collins. I hope to see a state run from his as well.

Joseph Noorchashm: Noorchashm wrestled 160 at an offseason tournament so if he goes there next year, he should be able to get a 2nd place finish to wildonger in the district finals. 

170:

Angel Garcia: Garcia is the best wrestler in District 12. He will win whatever weight class he wrestles in. He won Fargo at 170 so assuming he goes the same weight next year in the postseason he will probably beat Spicer in the finals.

Quinn Collins: Collins was probably the best freshman in District 12 last year. He should be headed to 182 for this next season. He will be in the top 2 at 182 this next season. I doubt he beats kidwell in the finals but he should put up a good match. I could see at run at states from him if the 182 class depending on how regionals shakes out.

Brendan Spicer: Spicer should be very good next year a should dominate his way through the season. I highly doubt he will be able to beat Garcia in the finals but I see a possible state run from him.

182:

John Colbourne: The only returning PLACER at the 182 class. Assuming he goes 195 next year, he should win the weight class.

195:

Zachery Bayer: With a 3 rd place finish at districts last year, look for him to make a splash in an otherwise weak 195 weight class. With much of the class graduating, I could see him taking home a title… if he stays at 195.

Dillon Shamanow: He finished 4 th at 195 last year and if he stays there for next year, he could be competing with Bayer for the championship

220:

Daishawn Tilghman: He was one of the stars of the weight class last year. He performed very well last year and should be able to reclaim a D12 title next year without much competition. He could make a run at states depending on how regions shakes out.

Amara Yobouet: The sophomore from Northeast should be able to get a 2 nd/3 rd place finish next year at 220 depending if he sees dillion trainer again at some point in the tournament and how that shakes out.

‘

285:

Daeshawn Ford: As a freshman he lost a close bout in the district finals. Since Borreo has graduated, he should be the favorite at heavyweight next year.

Jose Lage: The only other returning placer at districts at this weight. He should be seeing a 2 nd place finish next year to ford.

Justadad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justadad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2019 at 3:12pm
I still have a horse in the race for one last season. It's been a lot of fun going to D12 matches thru the last 5 years (two boys). When a kid runs into a slew of misfortune how quickly they are forgotten. A plus .700 career winning percentage is completely off the radar and I get it. We are just praying for a little good fortune for a change and a enjoyable season.

Edited by Justadad - Sep 09 2019 at 3:17pm
YoungBuck42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBuck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2019 at 4:17pm
I'd like to mention that it both Nolan Cataldi and Quinn Collins are believed to have left wood. Cataldi is D1 but Collins has been said to be at Lancaster Catholic which doesn't have a team.

Edited by YoungBuck42 - Sep 09 2019 at 4:19pm
ChunkyMamma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChunkyMamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2019 at 8:18pm
How about for the PCL, PPL, and D12 team races?
Fat mammas make fat babies
Italianfighter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianfighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2019 at 9:43am
PC
Good stuff, I agree with almost all of it. We will have to wait and see where everyone comes in on weight.
One critique Clacks graduated last year so, he is out of the mix.
Otherwise A+
Can’t wait for the season to start
Alme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2019 at 1:23pm
The 113 Logue graduated too!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic