PA-Wrestling.com
District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upcoming District One Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Baby78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baby78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2019 at 4:59pm
Was simply saying I don’t see full team lineups of kids trying to pursue the same elevated goals. In no way was I smashing the local kids. If it came off that way, I certainly apologize.

Those 6 schools you mentioned have some stud kids.

Edited by Baby78 - Jul 25 2019 at 5:02pm
ancienthatteroldram View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ancienthatteroldram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by cbal24 cbal24 wrote:

[QUOTE

I'm not knocking the kid, just making an observation as to why area programs can't seem to improve [/QUOTE]

So you basically insulted every program in D1 by saying "area teams can't seem to improve". If those opening words seem familiar to you, it is because they are the lead in to your semi-hysterical comment, posted on May 06,2019 at 12:02 AM; asserting that my concern with the increased number of D1 teams in next years event, was tantamount to insulting the hard working ETR people. Your  assertion was  puerile then, as your current claim about D1 teams not able to improve is now. 

If, as you claim,  local teams can't seem to improve , it is short of miraculous  that ETR was, according to you, able to find,  "better quality D1..(teams).. that enabled us to have a larger representation of D1 schools" . So let me get this straight>> D1 schools can't seem to improve, yet ETR was able to find improved and better quality D1 schools and thus able to invite more D1 schools to next years  event.  Makes sense to me.  "I'm not knocking" the event just making an observation .

cbal24 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbal24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2019 at 12:56pm
 Once again, you manage to twist and escalate the point of a post.  Heaven forbid anyone other than the Ancient one make an observation.  Your condescending banter and holier than thou attitude has gotten old.  Enjoy trolling others because I'm done with you.
Win or lose, do it with class!
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ancienthatteroldram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by cbal24 cbal24 wrote:

Once again, you manage to twist and escalate the point of a post.  Heaven forbid anyone other than the Ancient one make an observation.  Your condescending banter and holier than thou attitude has gotten old.  Enjoy trolling others because I'm done with you.

You really have playing the indignant offended party down to a science , don't you. You respond to the slightest criticism  with ad hominem attacks on the challengers motivation, intent ,and mode of expression. Is the response due to insecurity, inferiority or lack of class?  

Edited by ancienthatteroldram - Jul 27 2019 at 6:55am
cutmemick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutmemick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2019 at 1:22pm
Shouldn’t you use a ? after don’t you???
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ancienthatteroldram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by cutmemick cutmemick wrote:

Shouldn’t you use a ? after don’t you???

Yes.  An unforgiveable oversight to be sure. The perils of fallibility, which I have never experienced before.  I'll fire my profereader and sue the puplisher. I'm also beyond furious that heaven has permitted "anyone other than the Ancient One make an observation". Enjoy you frivolously malicious, albeit (drat)correct observation, because I'm done with holier than thou grammar-fascists.

Edited by ancienthatteroldram - Jul 27 2019 at 3:19pm
Hodgesck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hodgesck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2019 at 4:07pm
I agree, so is Christian Hodges
PintoWin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PintoWin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2019 at 4:43pm
Original Post

Next season is right around the corner.  I was looking through the returning District One wrestlers who I think have a great shot at grabbing medals next season.  I only got up to 145, but I think all of these young men have the odds in their favor.  I think each of them listed below has a shot at the top of the podium!

113:  Kyle Hauserman
113:  Kyle Waterman
120:  Killian Delaney
126:  Luke Lucerne
126:  TJ England
132:  Zachary Martin
138:  Domenic DeFalco
145:  Will Morrow
145:  Kibwe McNair

This post was all positive about kids that looked to have a great year in 2019 - 20 and then went to the standard complaining about a kid who will choose to go to BECA and leave D1 for a program that he has wrestled with for a long time. The only positive after that was from Seanod and Dice about choice / know the kid before you open your mouth and how some teams in D1 have done a good job building their programs. My two cents is simple

1. Respect kids and parents right to choose what is best for them and not D1 wrestling before hitting the keyboard
2. Quit complaining about D1 wrestling and help rebuild or build your programs from the ground up (that would be invest in your youth and MS programs)

Also  Baby78 how about some luv for the bigger guys to name a few

Milano / Mousaw / Hale / Sheehy / AJ Tamburino / McGill / Quinn / Brosko
MarpleTigers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarpleTigers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2019 at 9:23pm
I couldn’t agree more, losing kids to these private schools hurts the program and the kids in the program. I’m losing one this year which could be a 12 point swing every match and two Already for next year. Yes it’s the parents choice but when a kid comes through the youth program it’s still a tough loss.

Edited by MarpleTigers - Jul 30 2019 at 9:30pm
Arty Erle
Marple Newtown Tigers
484-429-0531
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic