District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videos from Hershey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Videos from Hershey
    Posted: Mar 13 2019 at 6:48pm
Here are our videos from the state tournament in Hershey.

-----------------------------

Playlist with all our states videos:

AA 152 pound final, Vulakh vs Schultheis:

Interview with state champ Ryan Vulakh:

AAA 145 pound final, Anderson vs Robinson:

AAA 152 pound final, Mancini vs Connor:

Interview with state champ Dan Mancini:

AAA 120 third place, Hanson-Ashworth vs Lucerne:

AAA semis
106 Chappell vs Waterman:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK_YFpGKcYA
120 Phipps vs Hanson-Ashworth:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXwtiNbIvk
132 Chlebove vs Hillegas:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiwEQ1Qmmo4
152 Mancini vs Handlovic:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BZB11q0oA

Edited by MTLeister - Mar 13 2019 at 8:01pm
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
Holtjack View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holtjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2019 at 12:36pm
Great stuff! Thanks for all your hard work! And thanks to the PIAA for allowing you to film matside including several finals matches.

That 152 semi was so eerily reminiscent of the Springman-Waller duels from 1996-1997, Handlovic has one of the best funks I have ever seen. There were some awfully close non-calls in that bout.
Those who forget the past need to read some history books!
Berwyn View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2019 at 1:03pm
Holtjack I couldn't believe DeRafelo got the referee to switch the call. Congrats to Mancini & Coach DeRafelo.

For purposes of demonstration NCAARef should comment on that match. Possibly pull in a second opinion by Bill Rudick if he wants to throw his take on this great semifinal bout.

You could see BECA coach Steve Harner going nuts in the background which made it really reminiscent of Ricky Springman final in 1997. It looked close to me on the two at the end of the first but the other ref had a view from the back. Locked hands call tough this scrap was worth price of admission.

BECA still wins team title.

Edited by Berwyn - Mar 14 2019 at 1:15pm
Berwyn View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2019 at 4:20pm
I don't think I ever saw a referee switch a call after the flip & deciding who goes up or down. I'm not a ref but it didn't seem like the main referee even thought he made a bad call until he was called to the table.

I'm curious to know did the assistant referee see something from the back to rectify the call. Anyway congratulations to Dan Mancini on the pin for Team PA. That was huge & really happy to see him win states.
NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Berwyn Berwyn wrote:

I don't think I ever saw a referee switch a call after the flip & deciding who goes up or down. I'm not a ref but it didn't seem like the main referee even thought he made a bad call until he was called to the table.

I'm curious to know did the assistant referee see something from the back to rectify the call. Anyway congratulations to Dan Mancini on the pin for Team PA. That was huge & really happy to see him win states.

Just watched the bout, good bout between 2 really good wrestlers.  Handlovic does funk well, great fight by Mancini at the end of the 3rd period.  In TB2 I didn't see a reversal for Handlovic because half of a reversal does not equal and escape.  You want an escape you have to take it.  In the UTB the referee missed an obvious locked hands by Mancini.  It wasn't for long, but it was there.  The referee reacted after it happened but didn't make the call.  

The problem for me was the center official was relatively weak, luckily for OJR he was paired with a good official who was assertive.  The 2nd official clearly was the reason the TD at the end of the 1st period was overturned and it wasn't a TD. Also, the 2nd official appeared to make a stalemate call and the stalling call in TB2 since both calls were made after he passed behind the center official.  The stalling call was way late. Also, the referee stopped the match 2 pr 3 times for no apparent reason and let Mancini have an illegal starting position every time from the top.  

Bottom line is Mancini is the state champion and this match will fade into oblivion unless you are Handolvic or a BECAHI fan.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic