District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

D1 honors at states

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D1 honors at states
    Posted: Mar 11 2019 at 3:00pm
As was previously posted here, District 1 Steering Committee chairman Denny Kellon was honored prior to the AA and AAA finals on Saturday at the Giant Center as the 2019 Wrestling USA Magazine / PA Wrestling Person of the Year.

And prior to the AAA finals, Council Rock South head coach Brad Silimperi was recognized as the 2019 AAA Coach of the Year.

Congrats to both for well deserved honors!
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
Coach78 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coach78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2019 at 7:11pm
Well deserved by both!!! Congrats, gentlemen!
"Hard Work" JKC,Jr
Victor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2019 at 9:35am
Two of district ones best. Congratulations
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2019 at 10:26am
Coach Sillimperi and his staff are certainly one of the best in the state. At state duals, I commented to a friend that all those CRS kids are competent at almost every aspect of the sport. They are such a good team because they are strong at every weight. What they lack at this time is the superstar type. 

At individual states, another friend asked about CRS and I made the maybe inaccurate comment that these kids were all alike. It's kind of a cookie cutter thing, where every CRS kid comes out and doesn't make mistakes, gives himself a chance to win, knows the proper counters.  They are all just plain competent wrestlers. 
   When another of the CRS kids would come out, my friend always asked, "How good is this one?"  I just looked at him and he said, "Oh, another cookie cutter."

Whatever they are doing at CRS, they should bottle it and give it to all the coaches in District 1.  They must be doing something right.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic