PA-Wrestling.com
District 12 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CoachReils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachReils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regional Thoughts
    Posted: Mar 03 2019 at 10:09am
Congratulation to the follow D12 2019 State Qualifiers

120 Eamon Logue (FJ) 4th NE AAA
160 Luis Morales (MBA) 3rdNE AAA 
170 Angel Garcia (MBA) 3rd NE AAA
195 Jameel Coles (NE) 2nd NE AAA
195 Lawrence Richardson 3rd SE AA
220 Tyrone Fowler 5th SE AA

Good luck at States and go earn some medals.

Also Congrates to the other D12 Regional Placers (all NE AAA)
106 Sean Logue (FJ) 5th 
113 Dante Iuliano (SJP) 6th 
120 Matthew Weinberg (AR) 6th
132 Shawn Marchesano (AR) 5th
138 Liam O'Toole (AR) 5th
145 Caesar Fountain (FJ) 6th
160 Matthew Kidwell (FJ) 5th
170 Quinn Collins (AW) 5th
170 Brenden Spicer (FJ) 6th

9 of 13 AAA Regional placers are underclassmen. (10 of 14 total in bold)

13 AAA Placers is most D12 has had at NE Region. It also matches the most Regional Placers D12 has had in AAA. In 2010, D12 had 13 Reg.Placers at SE AAA. 

8 SQ is the current record for D12 in a season which was back in 2009 and 2010 but through the SE AAA Region.  The most D12 SQ through the NE AAA is 6 in 2017. Although perhaps better showing was in 2014 5 SQ's with the NE taking only top three. 

Edited by CoachReils - Mar 03 2019 at 3:16pm
Kevin Reilly
“Eadem mutata resurgo” ~ Jacques Bernoulli
Metal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2019 at 3:12pm
I think Kidwell got 5th.  And he had a very close match against the guy who won it. 

Sean and Caesar beat guys who ended up qualifying through the wrestlebacks.  Not sure if others did as well. 

A lot o the D11 qualifiers are seniors - 1 at 106, 2 at 113, 3 at 120 (plus 5th), 3/4 and 4/6 at 126, . . . .  So they might be a little weaker next year. 
CoachReils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachReils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2019 at 3:27pm
Corrected - thanks.  
Kevin Reilly
“Eadem mutata resurgo” ~ Jacques Bernoulli
GKocotis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKocotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2019 at 5:25pm
Just curious is this a D12 record for qualifying for states? 
Abraham Lincoln once beat a man with a single toss and challenged the mob that had gathered with a shout: "Any of you want to try it, come on and whet your horns!"
maxtan86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxtan86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2019 at 12:16pm
As seen on social media: MBA is the first PPL team to have multiple state qualifiers in the same year. 
Max Tanenbaum
Belmont Charter High School
max.tanenbaum@belmontcharternetwork.org
nofunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2019 at 12:45pm
So proud of the wrestlers from D12.  Not the greatest environ to compete in.  I have been involved in wrestling for over 40 years and hate to blame refs, but there were some obvious bias (home cooking)against some of the D12 boys.  1.  O'Toole pinned his kid and yet the ref refused to call it.  2.  They let the JC semi match get out of hand.  The Northampton wrestler should have been banged with penalty points for the "chippy" shots he was taking.  3.  Iuliano got totally screwed in the final match, two missed takedowns not called and the Freedom kid constantly running out of bounds.  The coaches were yelling for stalling early into the second period and the ref refused the whole match.  This is just to name a few.  As for the Northampton crowd, I agree, classless.  I was embarrassed for them.
Just Wrestle
Italianfighter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianfighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2019 at 2:22pm
I agree 100 % percent about the referees . The Refs had no shame whats so ever. To many bad calls to name , to many one sided calls to name.I agree with your examples are dead on. Just want to add That The JC semi finals match was unreal the favoritism. The icing on the cake was the rather large man wearing a Northampton sweat shirt storming off saying"I'ma off duty state trooper and I'm  not putting up with this Im going to arrest that kid " Referring to JC ..what a crock of sh*t... I told the d-12 wrestlers that the reason they are doing this is they re threatened by y'all. Because you a district is getting better and its not a walk in the park for them anywhere. Best revenge is to win and keep winning. We need to force change and stop the good old boys club, because kids collegiate trajectory are being changed by idiot refs 

Edited by Italianfighter - Mar 04 2019 at 2:23pm
Team Youngins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team Youngins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2019 at 4:59pm
I was yelling, what are his charges, "WINNING!" 

You are going to arrest a kid and charge him with, "Winning!" Just stop it dude. 
Ol'Head
CV1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CV1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2019 at 6:48am
Something needs to be done about these refs. Ive been involved with Philadelphia wrestling since 1989 and all Ive seen was complete disrespect from officials, parents and coaches from suburban teams. Ive experienced it as a wrestler, a coach and as a fan. Its bad enough a lot of city wrestlers have other obstacles in their lives, and do not need some adult who knows nothing about what they go through treating them unfairly. Coaches and parents need to fight that fight.

Edited by CV1999 - Mar 05 2019 at 6:49am
D12Follower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D12Follower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2019 at 8:08am
Everyone saying Otoole pinned his kid must have been watching a completely different match than I was. Refs not being so great - ok. But you are all talking about this like the kid was on his back for a long tome, and the ref was looking and looking and looking and refusing to call the pin. The reality was it was a nice throw, legit back points, and Farber was bridged and off his back in 3 seconds max. If it was called a pin, it would be a more controversial call than if it wasn’t.

Talking about referee bias is one thing, but you also need to evaluate your own bias too. Multiple people arguing “Otoole definitely pinned the kid! The ref blew the call! What a screw job!” Is just incorrect.
pclhwt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pclhwt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2019 at 3:45pm
I wonder, did anyone give the State Police IAD a call to report one of their troopers behaving like that and announcing himself as one of their members?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic