District 12 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

D12 Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D12 Thoughts
    Posted: Feb 23 2019 at 11:59pm
I thought we may as well start a new string because I dont feel like clicking over 3 pages everytime i want to see a new post. Anyway here are my D12 thoughts:

106:
Marchesano - Brooks was fun to watch. I kinda wanted the see Marchesano - Logue part 4 but whatever.
Ortiz - Dooley was also a good match. Good job by Ortiz in the quarters but Dooley finished it when it mattered for fifth.

113:
Iuliano barely wrestled at all this weekend as he dominated the weight class and destroyed Santana. Good job to both. Also good job to Martini and Edwards.

120:
Weinberg looked really good this tournament even against logue who majored him. Needless to say, Logue dominated. Also good job to Kakar and Guinan. What happened to Kakar though? Hurt?

126:
Another logue dominating the whole weight class. Good job to rice also - solid performance. On a seperate note good job to Scalen for beating K Guinan. Good job to K Guinan for getting into the 3rd place match even after getting 5th at PCLs.

132:
Again the most exciting wieght class of the weekend. Belleh - Eck was a bit ridiculous. I watched the match and I was not impressed with the reffing. There were missed calls and bad calls all in Ecks favor. I honestly thought Belleh wouldve won if this match was reffed right. Marchesano - Lawlor part 99999 was also a good match. So was Eck - Lawlor, good wrestling by everyone. Also good job to Garcia who won a OT victory his senior year to secure fifth and a spot at regionals.

138:
Great wrestling by Johnson. I thought he deserved the OW. He majored Clacks and handled Garcia in the finals. I was a bit surprised at the outcome of the Garcia - Otoole match, I thought it was going to be closer. Great job to all the wrestlers though.

145:
This weight class was quite uneventful throughout the day. That is until Rogge and Fountain went at it. I thought Rogge was going to keep it closer but he failed to even score a takedown. Good job by Fountain and Rogge.

152:
This weight class was full of surprises. First Khochiashvili beating McQuaid in the finals in a good match. Also Vespe, who wasnt even in the tournament until Thomas dropped out is now in regionals after beating pennington 6-5. 

160:
Well good job by both Morales and Kidwell. I thought kidwell won even though the officiating was not very good at all by these refs. Also Kidwell put away Anderson, the returning D12 champ at 152 very fast, then Noorchashm kept in very close with him both times. I look forward to kidwell and morales competing for a shot at states at regionals.

170:
This weight class was so generic and simple. There was no question that this weight wouldnt have finished exactly the way it did. Great job by Angel and Spicer.

Ill do the rest tomorrow Im tired.
YoungBuck42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBuck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2019 at 7:38am
I was gonna say the same thing about Vespe. Dude made great on his opportunity. I mean I sorely missed St.Thomas in that bracket but it was really neat to see Vespe punch his ticket to Regionals, beating top ranked kids in the district and fighting nail and tooth the entire time. 
Metal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2019 at 10:15am
Khochiashvili could be really good
Justadad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justadad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Metal Metal wrote:

He has really enjoyed wrestling this year and has made a commitment to it. His main focus previously has been else where in a sport he is nationally ranked. 

The results at districts for 152 wasn't surprising to me. Once St. Thomas dropped out, after Greg and McQuaid there was a drop off. I think the Carroll schedule made it tough for the kids who are serious to compete playoff time. Its not anybodys (coaches, etc.) fault. No intended blame at all. Just a reality. You can maybe say the same for 145. A fellow parent says "iron sharpens iron".

Really fun District. Congrats to all the wrestlers. 

On a personal note I just want to say Grace did really well against Coles. I have watched him wrestle since he was a Sophomore in a match against my youngest. Nothing but respect for him! Good luck at regionals!!

Edited by Justadad - Feb 24 2019 at 11:43am
Coach78 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coach78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Justadad Justadad wrote:

He has really enjoyed wrestling this year and has made a commitment to it. His main focus previously has been else where in a sport he is nationally ranked. 

On a personal note I just want to say Jones did really well against Coles. I have watched him wrestle since he was a Sophomore in a match against my youngest. Nothing but respect for him! Good luck at regionals!!

Always enjoy watching Khochiashvili wrestle. He's getting better every time out. He is also a national level competitor in Judo.
"Hard Work" JKC,Jr
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Coach78 Coach78 wrote:

Originally posted by Justadad Justadad wrote:

On a personal note I just want to say Jones did really well against Coles. I have watched him wrestle since he was a Sophomore in a match against my youngest. Nothing but respect for him! Good luck at regionals!!

Explains why he was tossing McQuaid around last night lol
Always enjoy watching Khochiashvili wrestle. He's getting better every time out. He is also a national level competitor in Judo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic