District 12 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

District 12 AAA brackets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: District 12 AAA brackets
    Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 8:44pm
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
D12Follower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D12Follower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 8:59pm
Not that it will matter in the end, but Sami Kakar is seeding first with a 19-11 record and Eamon Logue is seeded 2nd at 36-2? Logue has a better record, better finishes last year, stronger competition...what exactly is this one about??
D12Follower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D12Follower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 9:02pm
Scratch that. Just realized the top and bottom of the brackets alternates between public and catholic...although I think that is strange as well...
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 9:22pm
There was already some talk but I would like to give my formal D12 predictions for this weekend.

106: PCL
Logue
Marchesano
Brooks
Ortiz
Webb

113: PCL
Iuliano
Santana
Edwards
Pabon-Williams
Pescatore

120: PCL
E Logue
Weinberg
Guinan
Kakar
White

126: PCL
L Logue
Rice
Scalen
Braddock
Wuller

132: PCL
Marchesano
Belleh
Lawlor
Eck
Copeland

138: PPL
Garcia
Johnson
Otoole
Clacks
Lotsis

145: PCL
Fountain
Rogge
Podraza
Cataldi
Swift

152: PCL
McQuaid
St. Thomas
Wildonger
Khochiashvili
Pennington

160: PPL
Morales
Kidwell
Anderson
Perez
Noorchashm

170: PPL
Garcia
Spicer
Collins
Barberi
Best

182: PCL
Jones
DeCoo
Adechokan
Colbourne
Williamson

195: PPL
Coles
Grace
Bayer
Bibbs
Buffert

220: PPL
Tilghman
Trainer
DeJohn
Moultry
Yobouet

285: PCL
Merskey
Craven
Lage
Garner
Kupa
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by D12Follower D12Follower wrote:

Scratch that. Just realized the top and bottom of the brackets alternates between public and catholic...although I think that is strange as well...

Correct, that's what they did.  And really, it doesn't matter as all the matchups will be the same if you flipped the bracket.
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
OgTapper767 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OgTapper767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 9:40pm
I agree with everything other than 132/152 Marchesano will not beat lawler due to his lack of a gas tank and he tiered out near the end of close matches, and lawler will put it on him. Also, Eck has beat bellah twice in the offseason however they were very close matches, but don’t be surprised if we see an Eck and Lawler finals. Then at 52 there’s no way that McQuaid takes first and I just don’t think he will make it to the finals at that. St Thomas district champ.
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 9:44pm
I definitely think that that could be the case but those 2 weights are the most versatile and unpredictable in the district but this is how I thought they would play out. McQuaid didn’t look himself in the finals at PCL and will stick it to St Thomas at districts.
chuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by OgTapper767 OgTapper767 wrote:

I agree with everything other than 132/152 Marchesano will not beat lawler due to his lack of a gas tank and he tiered out near the end of close matches, and lawler will put it on him. Also, Eck has beat bellah twice in the offseason however they were very close matches, but don’t be surprised if we see an Eck and Lawler finals. Then at 52 there’s no way that McQuaid takes first and I just don’t think he will make it to the finals at that. St Thomas district champ.

What close matches did he gas out in?He had one close match,a 16-13 loss.Everything else was pins,techs or majors and a seven point win.
chuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OgTapper767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 10:29pm
My guy chuck has he scraped with snyone good other than Eck Thii season? No he hasnt...
chuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 10:44pm
You're wrong...Jared  Bair is very good...Chrisian Hodges,who beat your finalist Robbie Lawler is very good also.
What are the close matches he gassed in?That was your point in your post

chuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OgTapper767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 10:45pm
Wait until this Saturday say I won’t come back here with a milli
Justadad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justadad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 10:51pm
106: PCL
Logue
Marchesano
Brooks
Ortiz
Webb

113: PCL
Iuliano
Santana
Edwards
Pabon-Williams
Martini

120: PCL
E Logue
Weinberg
Kakar
Guinan
White

126: PCL
L Logue
Rice
Braddock
Scalen
Wuller

132: PCL
Marchesano
Belleh
Lawlor
Eck
Copeland

138: PPL
Garcia-Johnson (toss up)
Otoole
Clacks
Diaby

145: PCL
Fountain 
Rogge
Podraza
Cataldi
Swift

152: PPL
Khochiashvili
McQuaid 
Wildonger
Pennington
Mauriello

160: PPL
Morales- Kidwell (toss up. Might be best match at districts)
Anderson (can beat other two if they make a mistake!)
Perez
Noorchashm

170: PPL
Garcia (OW?)
Spicer
Collins
Best
Beqiraj

182: PCL
Jones
DeCoo
Colbourne
Adechokan
Williamson

195: PPL
Coles (OW?)
Grace
Bayer
Bibbs
Buffert

220: PPL
Tilghman
Trainer
Yobouet
Moultry
Foday

285: PPL
Garner-
Lage
Kupa
Craven
Ford

Edited by Justadad - Feb 22 2019 at 3:51pm
chuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2019 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by OgTapper767 OgTapper767 wrote:

Wait until this Saturday say I won’t come back here with a milli

I have no clue what that means..Im not from D12,whoever wins is fine by me..You need to back up your statements with some facts though.
chuck
YoungBuck42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBuck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2019 at 8:43am
Kinda crazy to me how a wrestler who didn't even make an appearence at sections has qualified for districts.... Exposes the barren state of PCL 285. Nonetheless I hope that he is infact healthy for districts, he has potential for a great showing.
ChunkyMamma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChunkyMamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2019 at 1:04pm
Did he weigh in and then forfeit the matches? If so he could wrestle in districts.
If he did not weigh in at the sectional tournament I believe he is ineligible for districts.
I could be wrong.
But if that is the case then the spot should be opened up to the PPL 5th placer.
Fat mammas make fat babies
JPHWT14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPHWT14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2019 at 1:14pm
He weighed in but what I don’t know is if he got hurt in the first match or forfeited out for other reasons. If he didn’t weigh in they would have reseeded the bracket.
CoachReils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CoachReils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2019 at 1:52pm
He weighed in and forfeited out before wrestling as he had a fever/was sick.  He is eligible for Districts as C-3 

Since there were only 3 AAA HWT's at PCL (PCL Champ was AA), The PPL 5th place already advanced into the District Tournament.  The next alternate would be PPL 6th.      

Edited by CoachReils - Feb 18 2019 at 1:53pm
Kevin Reilly
“Eadem mutata resurgo” ~ Jacques Bernoulli
YoungBuck42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBuck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2019 at 3:55pm
Hopefully he'll be good to go for this weekend, I'm sure optimistic now. 
Barman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2019 at 7:01pm
A lot of fun finals this weekend. Glad the public league is making strides every year. They have been helped out by transfers like Rice and Rogge, but still a general improvement. I’m looking forward to 113, 126, 138, 145, and 160. Really good wrestlers I am expecting to see in each of the finals. Really curious about the inevitable Iuliano/Santana and Rogge/Fountain matches. Rogge is undefeated and may seem like he has a false record, but his previous year experience would infer that his record this year is legit. I still got Fountain in a competitive match. Santana has been tech-falling everyone this year, but I am not sure how real his record is. I still expect a close match with Iuliano. If Santana starts out fast though, he could win big.
Justadad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justadad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2019 at 7:23pm
Public Service announcement from a mid 50 year old... Milli = Millisecond. I think. I understand about half of what my kids say to me. 
Update- Nevermind. I was told a million! LOL.

Edited by Justadad - Feb 18 2019 at 7:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic