PA-Wrestling.com
District 12 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

District 12 AAA brackets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
maxtan86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxtan86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Barman Barman wrote:

A lot of fun finals this weekend. Glad the public league is making strides every year. They have been helped out by transfers like Rice and Rogge, but still a general improvement. I’m looking forward to 113, 126, 138, 145, and 160. Really good wrestlers I am expecting to see in each of the finals. Really curious about the inevitable Iuliano/Santana and Rogge/Fountain matches. Rogge is undefeated and may seem like he has a false record, but his previous year experience would infer that his record this year is legit. I still got Fountain in a competitive match. Santana has been tech-falling everyone this year, but I am not sure how real his record is. I still expect a close match with Iuliano. If Santana starts out fast though, he could win big.

Rice came through McCabe's Belmont youth/middle school program. His family lived in Reading for ~2 years or so but most of his wrestling was done in Philly.

Rogge is legit. Can he win districts? I don't know but he is good. 
Max Tanenbaum
Belmont Charter High School
max.tanenbaum@belmontcharternetwork.org
Monsoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 8:53am
Rogge is definitely legit, with a very good chance to win district. Fountain/Rogge should be a battle! Would have liked to see a tougher schedule heading into Regionals. Could see him as a SQ this year.

Edited by Monsoon - Feb 19 2019 at 8:57am
castelli3017 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castelli3017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Monsoon Monsoon wrote:

Rogge is definitely legit, with a very good chance to win district. Fountain/Rogge should be a battle! Would have liked to see a tougher schedule heading into Regionals. Could see him as a SQ this year.

If I had know that Jon was going to be on the team when creating the schedule last spring it would have been tougher. I always try to create a schedule that meets the needs of my wrestlers. 
cbal24 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbal24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 10:45am
It's easy to talk about tougher schedules, but actually putting one together isn't easy.  You just can't enter any tournament and the travel expense adds another layer.  Additionally, you have to find a dance partner for dual meets with league schedules creating relatively few openings with the limited competition points.  I actually don't envy a D12 coach with an up-and-coming team in the current environment.
Win or lose, do it with class!
maxtan86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxtan86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 10:48am
King always puts together a decent schedule, maxing out their competition points every year.
Rogge bumped up for most of his matches and still was not really tested. He does have a few notable wins. His weight class was relatively weak this year.
Max Tanenbaum
HisMatjesty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HisMatjesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 11:11am
Not his fault. He beat all that was put in front of him. He earned his undefeated record. Should be a nice final to watch.
Monsoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 11:41am
Certainly not his fault, didn't say that. It's just that he really hasn't faced the type of competition he will see at regions. Fountain has been tested all year, that may come into play when they meet. They will both move on and have a legitimate shot to go to Hershey. Wishing them the best.
castelli3017 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castelli3017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 12:30pm
Its alot easier for a team like Judge with many accomplished wrestlers to attend several high level events each season. When you coach a team like king and have a couple of high level guys (Rogge, Colbourne), Some middle of the road wrestlers, and then a few warm bodies filling a weight class you have to strike a balance so that all the wrestlers would benefit from their matches. If I create a schedule that is loaded with hammers for the benefit of two wrestlers and don't not allow the rest of the team to see progress and success, I would have a two man roster. If you have any tournament suggestions Monsoon I would love to hear them
cbal24 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cbal24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 12:39pm
Look into the Conestoga Valley Xmas tournament.  I went there this year for the first time.  It had a nice blend of competition.
Win or lose, do it with class!
HisMatjesty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HisMatjesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 1:04pm
Didn't mean for it to sound the way it may have been received, Monsoon. My apologies. Just was trying to show he did his job. His coach does get his guys good competition. The coming years will show the payoff. Also, having the Youth Cougar team should help with adding experienced freshman wrestlers to the line-up.
Seth Bunch at 138 is a former Lil Cougar

Edited by HisMatjesty - Feb 19 2019 at 1:06pm
Monsoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 1:07pm
Geez, relax a little!! No one is taking shots at you, I get what you are doing and why you do it. I would do the same thing. I'm just saying the level of competition you face during the season can have an impact on your post season results. I think that fact has been proven many times. Good luck, I hope all your kids do well.
87 grad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87 grad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 1:15pm
Sometimes it's a matter of bad luck when hoping to get your guy tough matches in dual meets.  When King wrestled Central and Northeast  both had tough guys out that match and Rogge wrestled lesser guys.  If he had wrestled rivera and grigol there would be a better gauge of how tough he is but those guys were out that day so we'll have to wait until Saturday to see his biggest test.  It will be fun to see some of these weights play out.
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 2:14pm
I know this is early but, D12 kids I think have a shot (even if its tiny) at making states:

113: Iuliano (SJP), Santana (NE)
120: E. Logue (FJ), Weinberg (AR), S. Guinan (SJP)
126: L. Logue (FJ)
132: S. Marchesano (AR), Lawlor (FJ), Eck (AW)
145: Fountain (FJ), Rogge (MLK)
160: Morales (MBA), Kidwell (FJ), Anderson (Cen)
170: Garcia (MBA), Spicer (FJ)
195: Coles (NE), Billy Grace (AW)
285: Mersky (LS)

This is who I think will make it:

120: E. Logue (FJ)
126: L. Logue (FJ)
132: S. Marchesano (AR), Lawlor (FJ)
145: Fountain (FJ), Rogge (MLK)
160: Morales (MBA), Kidwell (FJ)
170: Garcia (MBA)
195: Coles (NE)

Edited by pmacsters - Feb 19 2019 at 2:15pm
maxtan86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxtan86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 2:28pm
Get a good practice in today, SDP is closed tomorrow.
Max Tanenbaum
Team Youngins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team Youngins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 2:50pm
What in the hell? A snowstorm!!! I'm guessing an announcement was made. thanks.  
Ol'Head
CV1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CV1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 9:39pm
Did you just pick 10 kids to make it to states Pmac?

Edited by CV1999 - Feb 19 2019 at 9:42pm
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 10:02pm
The NE region is very very competitive but I think these kids can get the job done.
Barman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 10:38pm
Conservatively, I think 5 make it from your list. It would generous thinking more than that goes. Your 10 more definitive picks have a chance with a few of them being guarantees to me like Garcia and Coles. Eamonn Logue based off his performance this year would be a definite yes in most cases, but he is in easily the hardest potential bracket. 
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2019 at 11:21pm
E Logue beat Killian Delaney twice this year. You don't beat the state runner up twice in one year and not even qualify. As for the rest of my picks, the only stretch is Lawlor, everyone else definietly has the potential to make it if they wrestle well.
Coach78 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coach78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2019 at 7:52am
220 change, Nick DeJohn is out. Tashin James is in.
"Hard Work" JKC,Jr
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic