District 12 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PPL / PCL Individuals Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 8:11am
Here is my updated top 4 finishers in each PCL weight:

106:
Logue
Marchesano
Kelly
Dooley

113:
Iuliano
Otoole
Edwards
Purvis

120:
E Logue
Weinberg
Guinan
Scancella

126:
L Logue
Upchurch
Scalen
Stevens

132:
Marchesano
Lawlor
Eck
Garcia

138:
Otoole
Hartman
Johnson
Lotsis

145:
Fountain
Loughney
Podraza
Swift

152:
McQuaid
St. Thomas
Wildonger
Mueriello

160:
Kidwell
Pisarchuk
Noorchashm
Ward

170:
Spicer
Collins
Barberi
Best

182:
DeCoo
Jones
Williamson
Adolph

195:
Richardson
Grace
Buffert
Shamanow

220:
Fowler
Trainer
Dejohn
Ricci

285:
Mersky
Burns
Craven
Lage

Barman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 9:40am
I agree for the most part with a few minor disagreements. The only thing I want to bring up is why you're so big on (138) O'Toole? If he has really been dealing with injuries and is not 100%, then I don't see much of a chance of getting past Johnson.
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 10:57am
I have watched both of them wrestle. Otoole is a very technical wrestler whereas Johnson gets by mainly on his sheer strength. I believe that this is one of those matches where the more technical wrestler wins.
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 11:03am
Updated 160 because of Pisarchuk scratch:

Kidwell
Noorchashm
Ward
McFadden
Barman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by pmacsters pmacsters wrote:

I have watched both of them wrestle. Otoole is a very technical wrestler whereas Johnson gets by mainly on his sheer strength. I believe that this is one of those matches where the more technical wrestler wins.

I agree. That is how you beat Johnson, but I don't think O'Toole is as technical as you say. I heard people say O'Toole would beat Waite from last year who was also a physical wrestler, but that's not how it went. Also, Johnson has gotten better this year.
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 11:38am
If I could just point out something that I majorly disagree with. Waite was anything but physical, he was one of the least aggressive wrestlers that I have seen who is actually good. The reason he was so good is because he was extremely, extremely technical and somewhat quick with his shots. Otoole almost did beat him last year but that is comparing apples to oranges. Waite is not a good comparison at all to Johnson who relies almost fully on his strength.
Barman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 11:47am
I will agree he was very passive and calculated, but Is still think it's a pretty good comparison. Both Waite and Johnson can go upper body with you. I think Waite took advantage of O'Toole in both matches by going upper body with him. If Johnson does the same thing, he'll have even more success.
AAWarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAWarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 11:56am
Call me crazy, but I dont think either O'Toole or Johnson is going to beat Hartman in the finals
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 12:04pm
Honestly Hartman is one of those cases where they are seeding very high. I think at best he is a 2 seed. I think both Johnson and Otoole would beat him. We will only see one of them though, and he will lose that match.
HisMatjesty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HisMatjesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 1:23pm
I agree pmacsters. I believe Johnson should have been #1 seed. He has more losses than Hartman but he has more wins as well. Johnson IMO will win PCL with Hatman 2nd & O'Toole 3rd. I believe O'Toole would win in a Hartman match-up. No biggie though, the focus is to advance.
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 2:32pm
I think it is funny how stacked 160 was before the brackets came out. It was McQuaid Kidwell DeCoo Pisarchuk. Now the only one left is Kidwell. Should be easier for kids like Noorchashm and ward to get all catholic
YoungBuck42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBuck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 6:53pm
I was gonna say the same thing, lol. Funny how it all works out. What was supposed to be the hardest bracket in the tourney, stacked to the brim with returning PCL champs and finalists, now only has 1 individual with any PCL medal history.
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 7:10pm
To bad their luck falls short when it comes to districts when they have 3 top notch kids in Kidwell Lucien Anderson and Luis morales competing for a potential 1st place finish
87 grad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87 grad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 7:27pm
152 looks like possibly the deepest weight in both leagues. 
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 7:34pm
132 is not very soft either. We have Copeland belleh Marchesano Lawlor eck and Garcia, should make for an interesting district bracket
Dennis Belleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dennis Belleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 10:26am
I'm Back

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dennis Belleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 10:33am
Overbrook will have 3x PLC

126 Rice
132 Belleh
220 Tilghman
pmacsters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmacsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 11:08am
Thats true but the real question is can they repeat their performance at Districts. belleh will have a very rough time against Marchesano Lawlor and Eck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Belleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 12:43pm
I agree with you but I'm ready for those guys it I'm going to win Dxii

ChunkyMamma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChunkyMamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Dennis Belleh Dennis Belleh wrote:

I'm Back

I love it!

Dennis is back.

I look forward to watching you compete this weekend and the energy you bring!
Fat mammas make fat babies
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic