PA-Wrestling.com
District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old D! Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old D! Videos
    Posted: Oct 02 2018 at 10:11pm
I found these two videos on youtube. Both great wrestlers winning states in 1999.

Proud Singer of the "whining siren song"
C Mart View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C Mart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2018 at 2:17pm
Thanks, Nice crowds too.               
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.
JVStateChamp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JVStateChamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2018 at 8:24pm
Awesome Stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Unless you continually work, evolve and innovate you'll learn a quick and painful lesson from someone who has.
Berwyn View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2018 at 6:52am
Nice job Dodfan.

1998 finals posted with Justin Giovinco's first gold over Bald Eagle's Hunter Guenot.
https://youtu.be/EPzxA-ydCLs

2013 finals were posted recently with the Harner-Taylor match included.
https://youtu.be/dATq1ghdElA

Edited by Berwyn - Oct 05 2018 at 7:01am
Berwyn View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2018 at 7:15am
Get your popcorn for this one.

https://youtu.be/KvrW2hExz3Y
AAWarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAWarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2018 at 12:45pm
Berwyn. That's the first time I got the see that match. Even already knowing the outcome, it's still unbelievable to watch. Nice share!
Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2018 at 7:44pm
[QUOTE=Berwyn]Get your popcorn for this one.

https://youtu.be/KvrW2hExz3Y[/QUOTE]

It's the 20th best wrestler in the last 25 years (sarcasm)
Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2018 at 7:58pm
Here's another great D1 wrestler. One of him winning a state title and one losing to a wrestler who was quite accomplished.

Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2018 at 6:32pm
Not D1 but one of the best state finals I ever saw. It's not common to see a two time state champ on the ropes but it happens here.

bennythejetrodriguez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bennythejetrodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2018 at 8:45pm
Ciasulli was harder to finish on than anyone I’ve ever seen. He had a solid college career but never developed enough offense to AA.
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2018 at 9:37pm

I was one of those people on his feet that night.  It was a great bout - among the best I've seen at that level.  A year before that I saw Sticca take on another Easton state champ, Gino Fortobueno or something like that, at the Manheim Central tourney.  It was the same kind of bout, both kids firing on all cylinders, but with more scoring.  Seems to me, Sticca won that one, but I can't remember for sure.

Thanks for posting that Dodfan.  I look forward to any more you might dig up.
Berwyn View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2018 at 10:51pm
What an incredible match that was.
Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2018 at 7:58pm
Here are some videos of some future NCAA champions losing in the state finals. This just goes to show you how tough PA states are. Many of these future NCAA champs were beaten by District 1 wrestlers. One guy won two state titles. Both became NCAA champs. Then he coached a guy to a state title. The loser in that match became a NCAA champ.

cutmemick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutmemick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2018 at 8:50am
Awesome stuff. Thanks for posting. Forgot about some of those guys
Berwyn View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2018 at 11:58am
Somebody did a terrific job adding a ton of videos on youtube. Its almost like getting to watch all The Sopranos episodes again.
mpr wrestling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpr wrestling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2018 at 4:21pm
i had the opportunity to coach brian sticca for 2 years in college.  what a great kid he was and hard worker.  his match in finals vs ciasulli was awesome......and it really burns seeing myself lose to hunter. that kid was unbelievable and never broke position.  

Berwyn View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2018 at 8:32pm
https://youtu.be/PVPf_RLDdmI

Jason Lamotta was a great wrestler & good kid. Had there been a different ref maybe different result. Overall this is an underrated state final. Terrific action!

Jason's state championship win his junior year:
https://youtu.be/fOxbOAU6SLM
NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2018 at 8:42am
DoD Great stuff, 2 of the best ever from D1.  Amazing how bad an announcer Jed Donahue was, Channel 39 was famous for its clueless announcers.

NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2018 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Berwyn Berwyn wrote:

Nice job Dodfan.

1998 finals posted with Justin Giovinco's first gold over Bald Eagle's Hunter Guenot.
https://youtu.be/EPzxA-ydCLs

2013 finals were posted recently with the Harner-Taylor match included.
https://youtu.be/dATq1ghdElA

Holy moly I forgotten how bad the officiating can be in a state final and these matches are proof.  No point in beating a dead horse regarding the Harner bout, but the Giovinco bout wow!  Giovinco clearly with a TD in the first period, worse double stall call in the history of wrestling, and Guenot looked to have reversed Giovinco prior to the buzzer.  Giovinco would have won if the bout was scored correctly, but c'mon man!
Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2018 at 9:00am

NCAAREF, is this a reversal? I still haven't made up my mind 18 plus years later. Do yourself a favor and go to the end, it was a very boring match before the 30 second ride out.

Edited by Dodfan - Oct 27 2018 at 9:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic