District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DISTRICT AAA BRACKETS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISTRICT AAA BRACKETS!
    Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 3:12pm
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
eas88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eas88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 4:45pm
Wow, this has to be a first. A kid with an 0-4 season record makes it to Districts.
confidence View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote confidence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 4:55pm
You missed the 0-12 that also qualified.
now_inD3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote now_inD3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by eas88 eas88 wrote:

Wow, this has to be a first. A kid with an 0-4 season record makes it to Districts.

That should not happen next year when you roll from sectional into the district/regional? Unless there's only a 4 man bracket at a sectional...

Edited by now_inD3 - Feb 18 2018 at 5:10pm
"There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do - and I believe that." - Derek Jeter
pafire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pafire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 5:12pm
any predictions for district east???
wrestlinggeek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestlinggeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2018 at 5:25pm
Super district --> regionals next year. No league championships as a postseason qualifier.
Mctuna40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mctuna40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 9:52am
Poor #1 kid at 138... 1st match Lilly DW (hurt but top 10 ranked kid in State)! IDa thrown that ChesMont championship match if it was me

Edited by Mctuna40 - Feb 19 2018 at 9:52am
light79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 8:22pm
what, that is just a stupid comment, so everybody roll over. So the 1st place winner is null.  

rechall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rechall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Mctuna40 Mctuna40 wrote:

Poor #1 kid at 138... 1st match Lilly DW (hurt but top 10 ranked kid in State)! IDa thrown that ChesMont championship match if it was me

If Lilly truly is not healthy nothing is a given.

Edited by rechall - Feb 19 2018 at 8:48pm
Mctuna40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mctuna40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by light79 light79 wrote:

what, that is just a stupid comment, so everybody roll over. So the 1st place winner is null.  

Well second part was tongue in cheek... i don’t think the point is stupid though... it is a bad matchup for the top seed, sort of sucks for anyone who is a top seed to get the bottom seed kid who is truly a top 10 state level wrestler. Now Injury is an X factor (hopefully he’s near 100%) but that’s a very difficult first match for top seed. Lilly has beaten some awesome wrestlers, he’s a hammer!
Mctuna40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mctuna40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by rechall rechall wrote:

I hope he is and hope he continues to get more healthy in a run to States, he is one of the Districts better chances to place at states if he’s close to 100%.
dicemen99 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dicemen99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by light79 light79 wrote:

Well second part was tongue in cheek... i don’t think the point is stupid though... it is a bad matchup for the top seed, sort of sucks for anyone who is a top seed to get the bottom seed kid who is truly a top 10 state level wrestler. Now Injury is an X factor (hopefully he’s near 100%) but that’s a very difficult first match for top seed. Lilly has beaten some awesome wrestlers, he’s a hammer!

Rechall is right, that will depend on the health.  And the bracket is pretty thin, the kid who probably will end up with the short end of the stick is the bottom half semi loser, but considering the how the bracket shapes up, I think it there is a high chance of the best 4 kids coming out.  That was probably a consideration in him defaulting out to 6th.  Unless he is really, really banged up I don't see that happening again because a poor seed at regionals could be a real problem.
rechall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rechall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 10:16pm

Originally posted by rechall rechall wrote:

I hope he is and hope he continues to get more healthy in a run to States, he is one of the Districts better chances to place at states if he’s close to 100%.

Could not agree more. Really hope he gets to 100%. We are going to need him, because projecting ahead (obviously no brackets) I struggle to see us getting a lot of medals this year, unfortunately :(
Davejjr View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davejjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2018 at 10:21pm
Are we going to get a preview from Mr. Youngblood?
5 son contributor
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Davejjr Davejjr wrote:

Are we going to get a preview from Mr. Youngblood?

Yes, that's the plan.  I think most likely they'll be posted tomorrow night...
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
AAWarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAWarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2018 at 12:58pm
Hope he's well rested, bright eyed, and bushy tailed for these videos
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2018 at 1:17pm
Two more changes in the Central brackets:

At 113, Jeremy Moore (Penncrest, C-5) is out; C-6 moves up; Donny Reimer (Haverford) is the new C-6
At 182, Lakine Wallace (Norristown, P-3) is out; P-4, P-5, and P-6 move up; Jack McGowan (Methacton) is the new P-6

JoeYoungblood View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeYoungblood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2018 at 3:40pm
Dave/Warrior,

Don't worry I have been working hard on this preview.  The plan is to finish brackets tonight, however neither The Jet or Mo have returned any of my calls or texts.  I was looking for some guidance in regards to the 126lb East Bracket....I guess I will resort to my old method, letting my daughters pick based on which school's colors they like better.
NashuaPanther View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NashuaPanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2018 at 4:12pm
Joe,

From an East guy...Fuss, Beckett, Colella, Staul

I’ve seen everyone of these kids wrestle at least 10 times both HS and club. Very tough bracket but that’s a good bet on order.
Davejjr View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davejjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by JoeYoungblood JoeYoungblood wrote:

Dave/Warrior,

Don't worry I have been working hard on this preview.  The plan is to finish brackets tonight, however neither The Jet or Mo have returned any of my calls or texts.  I was looking for some guidance in regards to the 126lb East Bracket....I guess I will resort to my old method, letting my daughters pick based on which school's colors they like better.

Depending on how they do, it might be better to have them, than you!

Your not bad, but....
5 son contributor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic