District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coverage for State Duals?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
lbdoinit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbdoinit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coverage for State Duals?
    Posted: Feb 08 2018 at 4:48pm
This is the first year in a while that I can't get to Hershey. Are any sites covering the action? Track seems to have some stuff, but no details from the AA side so far.

Edited by lbdoinit - Feb 08 2018 at 4:48pm
Cold iron shackles, ball and chain. Listen to the whistle of the evenin' train.
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2018 at 5:01pm
I'm not able to be there this year either...so I'm trying to find out results as well to get on the site.

The official PIAA site links to these results, which get entered as the matches are going on.  Though they aren't always 100% accurate:

For a small subscription fee (I believe $10/mo to watch all 3 days), you can stream live video of all 4 mats:
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
lbdoinit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbdoinit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2018 at 5:07pm
Yep, I forgot to check the main site. I signed up for the NFHS feed...$10 for a month, just need to remember to cancel later, it auto renews.
NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by lbdoinit lbdoinit wrote:

Yep, I forgot to check the main site. I signed up for the NFHS feed...$10 for a month, just need to remember to cancel later, it auto renews.

lb - NFHS also covers the individual tournament
lbdoinit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbdoinit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2018 at 9:38pm
Thanks ref...I'm planning on being in the stadium for the individuals, but if not, I'll roll the $10 for another month.
rmorgan99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmorgan99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2018 at 9:42pm
spring ford wins over cedar cliffs 39-29

rmorgan
whippet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2018 at 11:53am
whippets beat cv. convincing score 49-20 i believe
NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by whippet whippet wrote:

whippets beat cv. convincing score 49-20 i believe

49-27, they now have a big test either Kiski or Nazareth
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2018 at 4:00pm
Looks like a rematch of the D1 final.... CR South vs Spring-Ford tonight in the consolations.  Winner gets the winner of Nazareth and Downingtown West while the loser is eliminated.

Edited by MTLeister - Feb 09 2018 at 4:00pm
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
lbdoinit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbdoinit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2018 at 5:19pm
All three of the District 1 teams on the same consi side. Tough to win multiple medals that way.
NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2018 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by lbdoinit lbdoinit wrote:

All three of the District 1 teams on the same consi side. Tough to win multiple medals that way.

yep, 1 is the max.  Nazareth only won 5 bouts against Kiski, wow
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2018 at 5:52pm

Cumberland Valley is one of those teams that always seemed to have tough upper weights.  To beat them you had to grab the lead in the lower/middle weights.  So when Downingtown West was in a dogfight with CV after the first half dozen bouts, I expected things to go worse.  But CV absolutely sucked from about 160 and above.   Now a couple of the West kids up there are pretty darn tough.  But their last half dozen kids just hammered CV.  It was a real surprise to me.

Canon Mac got beat by Erie Prep.  Prep has a couple of tough upper weights too.  There was a great bout between Starocci and Nijenhuis.  It was a real battle, with Starocci coming out on top, 3-1.  But it was close.  They were 2nd and 3rd at 152 last year.

SpringFord gave a good accounting of itself.  But Seneca Valley was solid up and down the lineup.  Kiski Area beat Nazareth, but I question how tough they are.  Good at every weight class, yes.  But I think the best teams here are BECA Hi and Erie Prep.  

It'll all come out in the wash.

whippet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2018 at 8:20pm
west falls to nazareth. prayers to nick lilley most likely out for the season
Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by oldcougar oldcougar wrote:

Cumberland Valley is one of those teams that always seemed to have tough upper weights.  To beat them you had to grab the lead in the lower/middle weights.  So when Downingtown West was in a dogfight with CV after the first half dozen bouts, I expected things to go worse.  But CV absolutely sucked from about 160 and above.   Now a couple of the West kids up there are pretty darn tough.  But their last half dozen kids just hammered CV.  It was a real surprise to me.

Canon Mac got beat by Erie Prep.  Prep has a couple of tough upper weights too.  There was a great bout between Starocci and Nijenhuis.  It was a real battle, with Starocci coming out on top, 3-1.  But it was close.  They were 2nd and 3rd at 152 last year.

SpringFord gave a good accounting of itself.  But Seneca Valley was solid up and down the lineup.  Kiski Area beat Nazareth, but I question how tough they are.  Good at every weight class, yes.  But I think the best teams here are BECA Hi and Erie Prep.  

District 11 all-star team over District 10 all-star team. 
Proud Singer of the "whining siren song"
NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Dodfan Dodfan wrote:

Gosh can't everyone just let this go.  PIAA "rules" are what they are and until someone on this forum gets hired by the PIAA or elected to the PIAA governing body they are not going to change, probably not even if those 2 events happened.  So lets just enjoy quality wrestling when we see it.  BTW neither one of those allstar teams kept a D1 team from winning a medal.  Sure DTW lost to BECAHO but they couldn't beat Nazareth who didn't lose to an allstar team.  Or should we say Kiski is an allstar team because they have a lot of guys who train at Young Guns?  The other 2 D1 teams just lost twice to better teams.

Again, enjoy the wrestling, you could live in a state where it sucks or were there state tournament is being held next weekend and the season would be over, ouch!  Also, that all-star team concept doesn't seem to be working in D1/D12 except for football and basketball.

Edited by NCAARef - Feb 10 2018 at 11:52am
Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by NCAARef NCAARef wrote:

Gosh can't everyone just let this go.  PIAA "rules" are what they are and until someone on this forum gets hired by the PIAA or elected to the PIAA governing body they are not going to change, probably not even if those 2 events happened.  So lets just enjoy quality wrestling when we see it.  BTW neither one of those allstar teams kept a D1 team from winning a medal.  Sure DTW lost to BECAHO but they couldn't beat Nazareth who didn't lose to an allstar team.  Or should we say Kiski is an allstar team because they have a lot of guys who train at Young Guns?  The other 2 D1 teams just lost twice to better teams.

Again, enjoy the wrestling, you could live in a state where it sucks or were there state tournament is being held next weekend and the season would be over, ouch!  Also, that all-star team concept doesn't seem to be working in D1/D12 except for football and basketball.

That is a pathetic response. I expected more than that. I've heard some bad explanations from the BECA defenders over the years but this takes the cake! A group of wrestles who live in Kiski school district go to a club on their own time to get better, is the same as what BECA does. That makes sense. At least the Cathedral Prep wrestlers are from District 10.

Take a look at this line-up:

106: Lachman, Wilson D3
113: Murphy, ?
120: Lachman, Wilson D3
126: Herman, Palisades D11
132: Papcsy, Nazareth D11
138: Anderson, New Jersey
145: Handlovic, Wilson, D11
152: Frinzi, Quakertown, D1
160: Lewis, ?
170: Kurtz, ?
182: Banks, Easton, D11
195: Spezza, New Jersey
220: Andrew, ?
285: Crouse, Bethlehem Freedom, D11

At least three PA districts and at least two states. I retract my previous "D11 all-star" comment. I've now changed it to "150 mile radius all-star team."

cbal24 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cbal24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2018 at 2:38pm
And once again, the state duals thread degrades to whining about Beca...  Give it a rest.
Win or lose, do it with class!
Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2018 at 3:03pm
Cue the defenders. Here they come!

1. "BECA doesn't break any rules."
2. "Franklin Regional beat them in 2015 and Nazareth beat them in 2017."
3. (my personal favorite) "You're wrestlers just need to work harder."
rmorgan99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmorgan99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2018 at 3:30pm
beca wins state duals winnings 5 bmatches beteewn 106 and 132 to close it out 38-22 over kiski area
rmorgan
NCAARef View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCAARef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2018 at 7:12pm

Cue the defenders. Here they come!

1. "BECA doesn't break any rules."
2. "Franklin Regional beat them in 2015 and Nazareth beat them in 2017."
3. (my personal favorite) "You're wrestlers just need to work harder."

DoD - I'm not defending BECAHI, nor do I need to, I just don't care because its unimportant to me.  They ARE NOT breaking any rules, but I guess they offend you sensibilities.  Unfortunately for you,and all the other haters, offending your sensibilities doesn't keep them from competing.  The PIAA seems to be ok with people who are originally from D3 (I have no idea, nor do I care, if they have moved to the Bethlehem area) and NJ being on the team.

Letting something as trivial as this in the grand scheme of things ruin your every day isn't a good thing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic