PA-Wrestling.com
District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Things are changing in the PAC-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
#onedad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #onedad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things are changing in the PAC-10
    Posted: Oct 12 2017 at 7:53am

Surprised no one has brought this up, but 6 new coaches in the pac-10! Lots of young guys stepping in and taking over. How could 6 new coaches impact the PAC (better or worst)? Anybody anxious to see any new coach in particular in action?

In my opinion this is great for the sport of wrestling in general, I think we are going to see lots of changes styles and philosophies. But ultimately my hope is that these guys take a fresh look on how dual meets are handled (music, cheerleaders, giving away free stuff), I want to see these guys really focus on drawing a crowd and hyping duals meets up. I also think with younger more relatable coaches,  we are going to see the number of kids wrestling rise as well.

I'm excited to see how things pan out for the PAC sure will be interesting.
Oh and here's the list:
Methacton- Brad Clark
Upper Merion- Tim Harner
Pottstown- Nick Wade 
Boyertwon- Dave Jones
Phoenixville- Brandan Clark
upper perk- Steve Adams

Edited by #onedad - Oct 12 2017 at 7:56am
Davejjr View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davejjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2017 at 11:17am
I think it, usually, takes 2 or 3 years to see real changes in the program from a change in coaches. 
5 son contributor
monkeyBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2017 at 12:23pm
Wow, half the league with new coaches.

Anyone have a list of all the new coaches in D1 this year?
Shock the Monkey!
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by monkeyBoy monkeyBoy wrote:

Wow, half the league with new coaches.

Anyone have a list of all the new coaches in D1 this year?

Don't have a full list yet, but I'm working on it.  I'll post something when I know the list is complete.
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2017 at 2:56pm

ouch!  half these guys I followed when they were in high school.  And that wasn't so long ago, seems to me.  

oh well, If they coach like they wrestled, things are looking up.

Dodfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2017 at 3:38pm
Brad and Brandon Clark wrestled for Methacton.

Dave Jones wrestled for Boyertown.

Tim Harner wrestled for Norristown. 

Where did Wade and Adams wrestle?
Formerly Dodfan155
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2017 at 3:51pm
Nick Wade graduated from Phoenixville in 2004.

Steve Adam graduated from Brandywine Heights in 1993.  He was an assistant coach at Brandywine for many years before taking over as head coach there after long-time coach Sam Lovello passed away last year.
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
#onedad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #onedad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2017 at 10:51am
There some interesting dynamics in there

Brandan and Brad Clark being brothers
Tim and Mark Harner being father and son

I know Phoenixville and upper merion have some growing to and there teams don't wrestle , but could be interesting in the future.
I'm actually anxious to see how these guys do. I'm a little concerned about Brandan's lack of experience and his young age.  
I also want to see how Tim plans on improving upper merions numbers.
pretty sure Dave Jones and Brad Clark wrestled  a few times back in high school. Buts what's going to be really interesting is to see how they deal with taking over team's that were successful just last year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic