PA-Wrestling.com
District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hall Of Fame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rabid1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabid1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hall Of Fame
    Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 2:13pm
Who is getting inducted in the Hall of Fame this weekend?
yes I do share the same name as a professional wrestler. Im better looking though
A16099 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A16099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 2:17pm
I know former Abington Head Coach Jeff Franko is, but I am not sure who else.
spandexter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spandexter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 2:32pm
Sean Slingsby
upwrestler14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upwrestler14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 2:45pm
Mark Smith Jr.
neverquit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neverquit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 7:10pm
Brad Forbes, I believe
DSSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2012 at 8:44am
Congratulations to Coach Jeff Franko!
just an average wrestling fan
Don Smith Sr
Family First!
Don Seeley View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Don Seeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2012 at 9:24am
This year's Hall of Fame inductees are:

Dave Burke, Brad Forbes, Jeff Franko, Bob King, Phil Maroney, Mark Smith and Mike Spaid.
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2012 at 1:28pm
Phil Maroney is a gentleman of the highest order. 

The first time I saw him was in December of 1960, when he was the coach in the greatest match I've ever seen:  Augie Pantellas of Upper Darby vs. Billy Stuart of Penn Charter.  Two incredibly fast kids with great power.  It went to OT and was decided by a referee's decision - going to Stuart.  Augie became a big time professional boxer, a world championship contender.  Billy was a member of that brutal Lehigh team that started with Mike Caruso - 3x NCAA Champ; Joe Peritore - 2x NCAA 2nd, 1x 3rd;  and Billy Stuart- NCAA Champ and 3rd;  and for a stand-in: Rich Warnke behind Caruso, NCAA 4th. 

I first met Phil in 1961, when he was coaching Penn Charter and our Jr Hi team wrestled there.
He reffed a bunch of my high school bouts.
and then in the 80's and 90's he was the lead ref for the tournament I ran for many years. 

He also coached The Shipley School. 

He's a heck of a nice guy and belongs in the HOF.

Edited by oldcougar - Mar 01 2012 at 1:29pm
Franny Lutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franny Lutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2012 at 3:22pm
one of the true gentleman in the sport we all love. Phil Maroney was a ref when i became involved with the ICWL,  as the coach of upper merion and the president of the ICWL. it will be great seeing him this weekend.
to all wrestlers don't forget to give back what others have taught you.
first2wins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first2wins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2012 at 4:20pm

John Smith is in need of some votes for the US Olympic Hall of Fame lets help make it happen. 

http://halloffamevoting.teamusa.org/

Edited by first2wins - Mar 01 2012 at 4:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic