District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CR South Roster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lbdoinit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbdoinit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CR South Roster
    Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 7:45pm
I noticed two interesting things on the CR South 2011-2012 roster posted on this site. The HWT from CRNorth, S. Kaschak, is now at South. The sad, but I'm hoping misprint, is no Tre Balasco. Tre's season ended last year due to injury. I wonder if our friend  Coach 78 has an update?
Chocolate Street Lamp Covers
CJJ189 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJJ189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 8:37pm
If they have Kaschak and it's not a misprint then they have a good amount of depth in their upper weights, especially with Brunetti coming in
gferrell View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gferrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 8:54pm
I can give you the answers you seek-

1. Let's just say things didn't work out for Stephen, or Jayfie if you will, at North. I don't want to get into the particulars. After a year in their alternative school, he is finishing up at South. He's lost a lot of weight and I'm told he could go 170. How he'll be after a year layoff, only time will tell.

2. Trey's neck injury is very serious from what I hear, and he has not been medically cleared to resume wrestling. It pains me very much to say that there is a possibility he may never be able to wrestle again without risk. On the bright side, it's been conveyed to me that he is in good spirits and has taken all of it in as much stride as one can, and is helping the team from the sidelines as much as possible with both tips and encouragement.

Coach I'm sure will add anything else to this he feels is pertinent.

Greg

Edited by gferrell - Nov 29 2011 at 8:55pm
codered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 9:09pm
Was told Balasco is done wrestling do to that injury....and Kaschak got booted out of North for disciplinary reason
sbm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 9:29pm

Wishing Balasco a full recovery free of complications and hope Kaschak finds his way and takes advantage of the opportunities that come his way. 

Coach78 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coach78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 10:06am
Greg is correct on both fronts.

Trey had neck surgery back in the spring and can no longer compete, but can help in the room with instruction and drilling. He is also lending a hand at CRWA practices. He is a great kid with a passion for wrestling and his continued presence in the program will be a benefit to many. He's a true champion in my book.

Jayfie is currently competing for the CRS football team and will be in the room when that season is done. Not sure where he falls weight wise at this point, time will tell.

Edited by Coach78 - Nov 30 2011 at 10:08am
lbdoinit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbdoinit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 9:59pm
Will the lineup look something like this?

106 Palmer
113 Rappo
120 Martoccio
126 M Moore
132 Q Moore
138 Moyer
145 Greco
152 Topham
160 Somsanith
170 Kaschak
182 Riley
195 Steinmetz