PA-Wrestling.com
District 1 High School Wrestling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SEPA JH/MS Districts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Padad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEPA JH/MS Districts
    Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 2:09pm
Is there a link or does anyone have the dates for the SEPA JH/MS Districts at Quakertown?
Ron Obvious View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Obvious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 2:50pm
Feb 19th & 20th.
DUCE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2010 at 7:32pm
have there been any seedings posted yet for this weekend???
mt123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mt123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2010 at 10:47am
Does anyone know the teams that are attending or if the brackets will be posted?
Ron Obvious View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Obvious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2010 at 1:09pm
C.R.South                 Phoenixville             Lionville                    O.J. Roberts

Upper Perk               Spring Ford             Colonial                    Penn Wood

Pottsgrove               Octorara                    Upper Moreland      Norristown

Pennridge                C.R. North                Kennett                     Wissahickon

Garnet Valley           Conestoga               Perkiomen Valley   Souderton

Avon Grove              Oxford                       Abington                   Central Bucks

Quakertown

neverquit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neverquit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2010 at 7:12pm
are brackets going to be posted
mt123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mt123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 10:57pm
Any outcomes of matches?
PintoWin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PintoWin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 6:20pm
Pac 10 schools Dominated SF 1st / OJR 2nd / UP 3rd.
Padad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 6:59pm

Having ninth graders helps a lot when most teams are only 7th and 8th.

neverquit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neverquit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 7:13pm
I have to agree...
However, since I have lived down this area.........SF and OJR have  pretty tough JH teams
ben2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 7:28pm
does anyone know when and where results will be posted.
Padad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 7:30pm
Good programs, well coached with a lot of talented kids but the SEPA MS/JH championship needs to get a little more pure or it will continue to lose schools. 34 in 2009 to 24 in 2010.

Besides for some teams having 9th graders they also permitted some school districts to create All Star squads where the schools take the best kid in each weight class from different middle schools. In the case of a school like Neshminy that may be legitimate since all the kids will end up in the same high school.

I can't figure out the justification for letting Central Bucks assemble an "All Star" squad since the CB middle schools will go to three different High Schools. They should either send three different squads or they should let them send one squad and score them separately.

I do support having the JH programs there with the MS programs and wrestle in one tournament I just think they would attract more teams if they get rid of the all star squads and score JH and MS separately. That would give a clearer picture of how teams are doing relative to the other schools in thier same JH/MS format.

DUCE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 8:08pm
obviously creating the all star teams didnt help out the Central Bucks and Quakertown teams...overall it was a very well run tournament
jpbarner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbarner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 8:15pm
Most of OJR's freshmen are wrestling varsity - Fratantoni, Shronk, Bolig, Moser, Minninger...
Padad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 8:32pm
Great tournament, well run. I told my wife how many tournaments Qtown runs per year and she said it shows. Nice job!

"creating the all star teams didnt help out the Central Bucks and Quakertown teams..."

?!?!?! I believe CB took 4th, I have to think it helped.

ben2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 8:48pm
who were on norristown area and springford teams?
PintoWin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PintoWin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 9:08pm

I dont think CB placed in the top 5 and I am not sure where Quakertown placed and I can't comment on all star teams but it was well run tournament. I do know OJR placed 14 kids and 8 of those were 7th graders.

neverquit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neverquit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 9:37pm
I think the teams who are leaving the JH/MS tournament are the ones who are losing in the long run. 

The feeder programs NEED to see this competition to prepare for HS wrestling and postseason. 

Cannot tell you over the years how many freshman are "shell-shocked" when post season comes around in HS because they never saw a tournament of that magnitude. 

You have to put the kids in that environment if you want them to perform in that environment. 

As far as all star teams.........I cannot comment, I was not there.  However, it is a shame for the kids who wrestled all year long to get bumped out of lineup for just one team.  This may be a district funding issue.   But who knows. 

Put them all together, let all the kids wrestle in it.  The best will rise to the top

neverquit View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neverquit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 9:40pm
Nice to see some Chesco schools participating:  Avon Grove, Octorara, Oxford, Garnet Valley, Kennett, Lionville (D-Town East)

Where are the WC schools???  They are usually in it. 

How about the Delco schools????

Padad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 9:58pm
Not too many Delco teams 
C.R.South                 Phoenixville             Lionville                    O.J. Roberts

Upper Perk               Spring Ford             Colonial                    Penn Wood

Pottsgrove               Octorara                    Upper Moreland      Norristown

Pennridge                C.R. North                Kennett                     Wissahickon

Garnet Valley           Conestoga               Perkiomen Valley          Souderton

Avon Grove              Oxford                       Abington                   Central Bucks

Quakertown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic