FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

District 12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Monsoon View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: District 12
    Posted: Jan 14 2021 at 9:13am
Has all wrestling for District 12 been cancelled for the year?
YoungBuck42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote YoungBuck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2021 at 4:29pm
Don't believe so. Although I saw nothing was filled in on this site, from what I understand at least some schools should start up their programs soon. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBuck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2021 at 8:49am
Update: I've heard whispers that D12, both catholic and public leauges, are beginning to resume wrestling/have already begun practice, meaning matches can start in 2 weeks, or whenever they fill that practice prerequisite. 
Monsoon View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2021 at 10:43am
I know of a couple D12 teams that have opted out for the season.  I'm wondering how they will handle the schedule and the post season....hopefully they get that far.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBuck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2021 at 11:48am
As far as postseason goes, if there are enough teams for sectionals, they'll still do that, since its already an 8 man tournament, same goes with Districts, and then they'll likely follow whatever regional plan the state laid out, which I believe is top 4 from Districts advance to Regionals, then top 4 there advance to super regionals, then top 4 from there advance to 8 man states, where everyone is a medalist. I guess that leads us to believe D12 wrestlers will have the longest postseason, with 5 tournaments to wrestle in. I've no idea whether they'll actually keep the sectional tourneys this year though, especially if too many schools opt out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic