FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

District 1 wrestlers in college

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by jimwat1 jimwat1 wrote:

Wayne Boyd was a fantastic mat wrestler.
I saw him win nationals with a move that I swore I invented and he saw me use. It was a kind of a chin whip that I developed in 9th grade. I used it in college a few times and Wayne was there for one of them (not against him, though). So I always gave myself credit for his win (why not, it sounds good!). He decked a kid from Oklahome in the 3rd period of the finals with what I used to call an Army Roll. At least that's how I remember it. Of course, ask him and he'll call "BS!"

Edited by oldcougar - Dec 02 2019 at 4:41pm
Justadad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justadad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by oldcougar oldcougar wrote:

Originally posted by lane19082 lane19082 wrote:

Colin Cronin from Upper Darby (Temple University 157)

Does Temple have a team, or is this a club? Back in my day, Temple had a national champ at my weight class. I was sad to see them drop their program.

Rumor mill has a D1 program returning to Temple in two years.

wrestlingfan83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestlingfan83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2019 at 7:42pm
Don't believe that rumor lol 
Justadad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justadad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by wrestlingfan83 wrestlingfan83 wrote:

Don't believe that rumor lol 

It seems far fetched but someone at the school says a 2 mil alumni gift has been promised. Who knows. 
cbal24 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbal24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2019 at 1:59am
Heard that rumor 5 years ago
Win or lose, do it with class!
Justadad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justadad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by cbal24 cbal24 wrote:

Heard that rumor 5 years ago

I heard it at a Temple match three weeks ago.
jimwat1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimwat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2019 at 2:59pm

I saw him win nationals with a move that I swore I invented and he saw me use. It was a kind of a chin whip that I developed in 9th grade. I used it in college a few times and Wayne was there for one of them (not against him, though). So I always gave myself credit for his win (why not, it sounds good!). He decked a kid from Oklahome in the 3rd period of the finals with what I used to call an Army Roll. At least that's how I remember it. Of course, ask him and he'll call "BS!"

I saw his win back in 1969 on Wide World of sports. He gave a name for the move and said who taught it to him.
jimwat
oldcougar View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2019 at 4:42pm

I saw his win back in 1969 on Wide World of sports. He gave a name for the move and said who taught it to him.
now I'm ticked off, unless he mentione my name.

Edited by oldcougar - Dec 04 2019 at 4:43pm
Berwyn View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2019 at 11:52pm
 Former Temple alumni wrestler Rob "Cowboy" Calabrese was second in the 1989 World Team Trials @ 125.5 losing to Iowa's Brad Penrith.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic