FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

District 1 top ten

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Scoop1219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoop1219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: District 1 top ten
    Posted: Nov 10 2022 at 5:18pm
Hey guys. New to the forum. Love reading all of your insights. 
Curious if anyone has a preseason top 10 ranking of district 1. 

Thanks
sweepsingle135 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweepsingle135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2022 at 10:37am
Here is my crack at it. 

I looked at the returning wrestler page and a handful of schools return 4 or more regional qualifiers. Sun Valley, and Strath Haven lead the way with 6 each. Boyertown, CR South, Qtown, Ridley, Springford all with 5. Conestoga, D-west, Pennridge, Perk Valley, and Upper Dublin with 4.

1. Qtown 
2. CR South
3. Springford
4. Perk Valley
5. Kennett
6. Sun Valley
7. Boyertown
8. Pennridge
9. Strath Haven
10. Souderton/Henderson/ Upper Dublin  

Edited by sweepsingle135 - Nov 11 2022 at 10:57am
Scoop1219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoop1219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2022 at 6:47pm
Thanks for the input. Looks to be a very fun season for district 1 with a lot of talent, even on the national level. Excited for it to start!
Dodfan View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2022 at 11:22am
1. CR South
2. Quakertown
3. Kennett
4. Perk Valley
5. Pennridge

I think CRS is better that Quakertown just from returning wrestlers. Having said that Quakertown could be the better dual meet team depending on what both teams have in the upper weights. CRS is very strong from 106-172. I have no idea what they have in the upper weights. If Quakertown is way better in the upper weights, they may be the top team.

I think Kennett would be a slight favorite over Perk Valley although it's close. Both teams are very good from 152-285. Perk Valley is probably better at 106 and 113. Kennett (with two stud freshman) will be stronger 120-138.  
Proud Singer of the "whining siren song"
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweepsingle135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2022 at 9:59am
Dod- CRS better than Qtown on returning wrestlers? I am looking high level overview here, but both have 5 returning regional qualifiers.  Qtown returns 3 SQ and CRS 2.  Based on these numbers I go slight edge to QTOWN.  I am not sure what their lineups look like outside of these guys.  I do know it will be an entertaining dual for sure. Looking forward to seeing how the year shapes up.  D1 is very solid, and can do really well on the state level this season.  
mo bloodyoung View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mo bloodyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2022 at 3:19pm
I have Sun Valley as the best team in the Chesmont this year. I understand Hunter Delaney transferred in and they have more depth than Kennett or Henderson. I'm not sure if Delaney is allowed to wrestle in the postseason with the transfer, but for the duals, watch out for the Vanguards.
KC1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2022 at 7:10pm

Edited by KC1 - Nov 25 2022 at 3:52pm
monkeyBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 8:24am
I'm sure some on the forum don't want to hear it, but any discussion of top teams in D1 this year must include Faith Christian.  They might be the top team.
Shock the Monkey!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweepsingle135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 8:31am
I did think about Faith, but kept mine solely to AAA. No doubt Faith is a top team in D1 as a whole. 

Sun Valley will surprise some people This year. I could see them anywhere from 3-7 and battling for a state duals spot, especially if the two new transfers are actually on their team and not just forum talk. 

Edited by sweepsingle135 - Nov 18 2022 at 8:33am
Scoop1219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoop1219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 10:31am
Do any teams have a chance to place at states (duals or individual)? This includes AAA/AA. Thanks.
Dodfan View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Scoop1219 Scoop1219 wrote:

Do any teams have a chance to place at states (duals or individual)? This includes AAA/AA. Thanks.

In AA, FCA will definitely be top four. They may very well win it. They are probably the favorite to win AA individuals. 

In AAA, I like the draw of whoever wins District 1. In years past D1 teams at state duals have had all kinds of problems with D7 teams. This year, I like either Quakertown or CRS chances against D7 third place. So, the District 1 champion may have a good shot at placing fourth at state duals. I reserve the right to change my mind after seeing the line ups. 

At the individual tournament, I'll be impressed if a team gets in the top five. 
Dodfan View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by sweepsingle135 sweepsingle135 wrote:

Dod- CRS better than Qtown on returning wrestlers? I am looking high level overview here, but both have 5 returning regional qualifiers.  Qtown returns 3 SQ and CRS 2.  Based on these numbers I go slight edge to QTOWN.  I am not sure what their lineups look like outside of these guys.  I do know it will be an entertaining dual for sure. Looking forward to seeing how the year shapes up.  D1 is very solid, and can do really well on the state level this season.  

You may be right but remember that Conor Lenahan would have been a SQ last year too. Both Charlie Musto and Ryan Gotwald will be in CRS line-up this year. Quakertown will add Jackson Benkert. I think it comes down to 215 and HWT. 
castelli3017 View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castelli3017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Dodfan Dodfan wrote:

In AA, FCA will definitely be top four. They may very well win it. They are probably the favorite to win AA individuals. 

In AAA, I like the draw of whoever wins District 1. In years past D1 teams at state duals have had all kinds of problems with D7 teams. This year, I like either Quakertown or CRS chances against D7 third place. So, the District 1 champion may have a good shot at placing fourth at state duals. I reserve the right to change my mind after seeing the line ups. 

Dod you think FCA tops Notre Dame GP? Was ND cleaned out by Graduation?
WT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2022 at 8:10pm
Vince Bouzakis enrolled at ND. 
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mo bloodyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2022 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by WT WT wrote:

Vince Bouzakis enrolled at ND. 

I take it he won't be allowed to compete in the postseason tho, right?
WT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2022 at 8:44am
I think he maybe able to compete in the post season. Vince was in 9th grade last year. Any student-athlete who transfers as a sophomore, junior or senior will be ineligible for postseason play for one year in all sports they had competed in prior to the transfer. 
Dodfan View Drop Down
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2022 at 9:56am
Originally posted by castelli3017 castelli3017 wrote:

Originally posted by Dodfan Dodfan wrote:

Dod you think FCA tops Notre Dame GP? Was ND cleaned out by Graduation?

I would like to see the line-ups first. I think FCA will have problems at 215 and 285. Can they make it up? 
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mo bloodyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2022 at 8:34pm

I think he maybe able to compete in the post season. Vince was in 9th grade last year. Any student-athlete who transfers as a sophomore, junior or senior will be ineligible for postseason play for one year in all sports they had competed in prior to the transfer. 

I guess it depends on when you officially become a sophomore?
MTLeister View Drop Down
Administrators
Administrators

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTLeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2022 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by mo bloodyoung mo bloodyoung wrote:

I guess it depends on when you officially become a sophomore?

If you transfer AFTER you have completed 10th grade, then you are automatically ineligible for the post-season (you can apply for a waiver though).  If you transfer before that, you are good for the post-season.

Shortly after the transfer results were updated, D1 actually posted this on their website to answer some questions about in-season transfers and the post-season rule:
PA-Wrestling.com - online home for Pennsylvania wrestling - https://twitter.com/PA_wrestling
Fanatics
Fanatics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mo bloodyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2022 at 2:38pm
Kasak opting out of his senior season hurts BECA for sure but are they still the favorite statewide?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic